Chapter 24: Just Fuck Me

(⚠WARNING⚠: Includes- Hard smut)

Illumi froze immediately with silence.

"I can't do it," Illumi said again softly.

For the first time in a very long while, Illumi slowly and softly began to cry. A single tear fell down the left side of his slightly blood stained face and was soon followed by many others.

His needle was stabbed deep into the ground beside Hisoka's neck, but as the overwhelming experience of sadness overtook him, Illumi pulled it out and laid it on the ground and forced his hands to cover his face. The tears couldn't stop, no matter how hard Illumi tried, he couldn't control the drowning feeling of sorrow. His heart was thumping with overcoming anger as the lump in his throat practically suffocated him as he tried to control his cries. 

The cold breeze quietly flew by slowly and calmly as the moment of Illumi's failure simmered in grief. His muscles were sore and ached in pain, not because of the physical strain he has had to muster, but because of the mental strain that has affected their efforts after all the years. Feeling the cold tears fall down his face was a wave of childhood nostalgia that overwhelmed his mind as his soft sniffles turned into sobbing cries of pain.

"I can't do it!" he exclaimed again, only with more pain behind his voice.

Hisoka laid there in shock and terror at the sight of his husband, crying and weeping before him. He was shocked at the fact that he was still alive and breathing, now completely disregarding the mental preparation he prepared before expecting to die again. He was also scared of his husband's crying, something he hasn't seen in a long time. Although, he was extremely relieved at this result. Nobody wants to die by the hand of their lover...well, almost everyone, which was another reason why he was shocked.

He saw this as the highest climax of their relationship. Dying by each other's hand, fighting to the death. This was Hisoka's fantasy, but thankfully this unexpected ending didn't displease him in the least. Hisoka looked up at Illumi, unable to say or do anything to intervene in what was happening. Illumi continued crying, all of those built up emotions that piled up all his life, he gave up and let them all go.

"I can't do it...I won't do it. I...I can't. I tried so hard to...but I couldn't do it," Illumi said in between sobs and cries, "I wanted to...I really did but...I...can't do it."

Illumi continued as the new stress of his parents disapproval swarmed his mind as quickly as the sadness did. "What would they do? What would they say? How disappointed are they going to be?" Illumi thought to himself. He found himself breathing faster, unable to understand his body's reaction to the overwhelming feelings he was exposing.

Hisoka reached up from under his husband and pulled him down into a deep warm hug. Illumi buried his head in the crook of Hisoka's neck and sobbed without restraint. The painful noise of Illumi made Hisoka feel a lump in his throat, with the last thing he ever wanted to see or hear was Illumi suffer.

"It's okay my Illu...everything's going to be okay~♥️" Hisoka said softly. Illumi caught his breath for a moment and spoke.

"But it won't...my parents will be disappointed," Illumi responded. Hisoka began rubbing his lover's back in a slow comforting rhythm.

"I know. It's not going to be pleasant once they find out...but it's not like they will hate you. You're their son. The son that brought Killua back home. The son that does all of the things they can't. I know it will be difficult, but in the end, I will be there with you, no matter what they say or do~♥️" Hearing Hisoka speak seemed to calm Illumi down. The warm embrace of his strong arms, the soothing sound of his lovely voice, and the light scent of blood brought a calming tone to the air that made Illumi's heart stop racing with fear.