Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The man, who has his body covered with bandage, drove his shelter above the sea of sands. His booster is on to get away faster. Nang makalayo na sa lugar kung saan niya iniwan ang carcass ng hinunt niyang sandworm ay pinatay na niya ang booster, driving the shelter slower.

On his right side is a small monitor. It can detects the energy of life forms around. Using that ay iniiwasan niya ang mga area kung saan may nadedetect na may malakas na energy. They are probably high level monsters or humans that as strong as those monsters. He rather went on the longer way to avoid them than confront them, not because he is afraid of them but because he will waste time. The longer he drives, the more energy cores he needs to spend.

Cores are the pearl-like gems inside the monsters. Those contained energy or mana, which can be consumed to power themselves or use as power source. The shelter he is driving, which he personally made, is powered by cores and electricity. Because he is in the desert, his shelter consumes more cores than usually to maintain the temperature inside. He isn't fond of hot temperature.

After a few hours of driving ay may nadetect siyang grupo ng lifeforms. He drove towards them and delighted when he saw them from far away. Nahanap na niya ang kanyang pakay.

The man slowed down nang malapit na siya sa mga ito. The group of scavengers was alerted but immediately relaxed when they noticed the design of the shelter. The familiar design of it is unique among the other shelters and only one person has it. Kaagad nilang ibinaba ang kanilang mga armas at hinintay na makalapit ang saakyan.

The man went out of the shelter wearing his worn out cloak. Kaagad niyang inilahad ang kanyang kamay sa mga ito pagkalapit at nakipagkamay.

"You guys went too far. It took me hours to locate you." Sabi nito habang iniisa-isang kamayan ang grupo.

"Bakit mo kami hinahanap, Tus? May ibebenta ka?" Tanong nang lider nang mga ito.

Tus nodded. "Yeah. Want some sandworm meat?"

"May dugo ka?"

"Just a little. I left most of it. Why? You'll buy it?" Tanong niya. Sandworm's blood is highly toxic kaya bukod sa laman nito ay wala kang ibang mapapakinabangang parte, especially the blood. Walang bumibili nito kaya naman iniiwan na lang o tinatapon.

"Oo. Lately, may mga naghahanap ng dugo. Hindi ko sigurado kung anong ginagawa nila but I heard rumors na ginagawang panglinis." Sabi nito.

"I see. So, you'll buy it? I'm selling around 30 kilos of meat."

Tumawa ang lalaki. "Diretso ka parin. Sige, dating presyo kung sariwa pa. Pero wala na akong supplies ngayon. Kung gusto mo, sumama ka sa amin sa city."

Tus groaned. "If we are going to the city, I'll just sell it to other merchants that will give higher price." He did most of transactions with this scavenger group, the Ravens, because they are convenient. Hindi na niya kailangan pang pumunta sa city para mareplenish ang kanyang supply. But if he will go to the city, he rather sell his goods to other merchants dahil mas mataas ang presyong ibinibigay ng mga ito kaysa sa partikular na katransaksyon.

Muling tumawa si Roak, the leader of the Ravens, at saka inakbayan si Tus. "Sus, sa akin mo rin naman ibebenta 'yan. Libre ko na 'yung impormasyon tungkol sa sandworm blood."

Tus looked at Roak with deadpan eyes. "If you bought it at the normal selling price and give me more discount to your goods, I'll sell it to you."

Roak sighed before nodding. "Sige, 30%." The normal discount he gives Tus is 20%. It doesn't seems much but it is high enough because Roak doesn't give discount to normal purchasers. Tus is one of his VIPs dahil bukod sa madalas itong bumibili sa kanya ay nagbebenta din ito ng items. And if he wants to get that sandworm's meat, which can be sold at the cities at high price, higher when brought to other cities, he needs to cater with Tus's demand.