Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Brother Manatu, we are currently on flight mode. It is safe to go out of the room for now."

As soon as Manatu heard Tus' voice ay kaagad niyang ibinaba ang railings ng kama at inabot ang intercom na nasa may gilid ng pinto. "Alright."

Manatu helped Minona and Noan out of the bed. Inalalayan niya ang mga ito na lumabas sa silid. Because of what Tus said, they now know that they are flight. Bukod sa pagtilt kanina ng sasakyan nang lumipad ito, the ride is so smooth that he thought they are travelling on paved road. It's more comfortable than travelling on the desert land where the land is uneven.

"Dad, I want to see outside." Excited na sabi ni Noan kay Manatu, slightly pulling his dress. Manatu chuckled at his eagerness. He then approach the button near the window and pressed it. The inner metal panel opened, revealing the outside.

Kaagad na lumapit si Noan sa bintana at tumingin. He gasped and marveled at the sight. It is his first time going outside the palace, travelling to other places, as well as riding a flying object. Although the shelter is not flying that high, about 200 feet up the mountains of sands, it is still enchanting, especially when you can see a new sight at different perspective. From miles away, all what you can see aside from some traveler's vehicle are seas of endless sand, and the blue and white sky. Although there are areas where there are plants and animals as well as stone mountains and bodies of water, those are barren to some places, like this one.

Coincidentally, mas lalong namangha si Noan, maging si Minona at Manatu, nang makita nila mula sa bintana ang pangyayari sa labas. A few meters away, the sand burst as a giant sandworm jumped out of the sand vertically, catching a flying monster that's flying above it. The unsuspecting flying monster bird was caught on the giant sandworm's mouth, probably teared into pieces before he can even reach it's stomach.

After catching the prey, the giant sandworm re-submerged into the sand.

"That's a giant sandworm. It has different species, but that one is a lurker. It blends with the sand and catch it prey that will unfortunately go above it." Sabi ni Tus na kakalabas lang sa driving area. He opened the windows on the living room para maenjoy ng mga ito ang view.

"We are in stealth mode so unless there is some with keen eyesight or senses, we'll be unseen. But we are currently travelling above the dangerous areas so don't remove the outside window panel or go to the deck." Babala niya sa mga ito.

He felt that there is something wrong. Since one of his suspicion is the pursuers laid trap ahead, he eliminated the ones tailing them first. Kasunod ay iwinala niya ang mga ito gamit ang stealth mode. And finally, to not follow their tracks at mabilis na makarating sa Plenne city, he used flight mode and traveled straight above the dangerous areas towards the city. He knows that his gamble is really deadly considering that they will go over the most dangerous areas of the land that other high skilled professional mercenaries won't willingly go to, but he needs to. Although it takes a lot of energy reserves, taking the straight path flying will only take a day under normal speed. Pakiramdam niya, kung mahuhuli sila sa pagpunta sa Plenne city ay may mangyayaring hindi maganda.

"Uncle Tus, until when we will fly?" Tanong ni Noan kay Tus.

"Hmm, for about a day. Why, do you feel sick? Dizzy?" Since he knows it is his first time flying, the kid might have a motion sickness. Although their flight is steady, there are people who are afraid of height and feels sick when flying.

Mabilis na umiling is Noan. "No, uncle. I like flying! Will you teach me how to drive you shelter, uncle, please?" Noan begged using his puppy eyes.