Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"K-kuya Al?" Nanginginig na tawag ni Bel nang makita niya ang duguang kapatid na lumabas nang silid. The drop is dripping to floor, staining the tiles. She was about to run away when he spoke.

~~~

"Bel?" Gulat na sabi ni Alfonso nang makita ang kapatid sa labas ng pinto. He asked her to fetch a doctor and he is not expecting that she'll come back quickly. Lumabas siya nang silid at isinara ang pinto upang hindi makita nang kapatid ang pangyayari sa loob.

Earlier, when Bel left to ask someone to fetch the doctor ay nilapit niya si Marie na walang tigil sa pag-ubo. He was trying to calm her down and asking questions to find out what's wrong when she suddenly vomited more blood and collapsed. She was having a seizure kaya naman agad niyang hinubad ang suot na shirt at saka inilagay ito sa bibig ng babae para hindi nito makagat ang dila. He was pinning her down and calling out her name until she suddenly went still. And when he checked her pulse, there's none. She died.

Shocked at the sudden death, napaupo sa sahig si Alfonso. His elbows were on his knees, while his hands were on his face. He was taking deep breathes to calm himself. He was about to stand when he is already calm nang muling gumalaw si Marie.

Of course, he was startled. Who wouldn't kung ang iniisip mong patay na ay muling gumalaw? Pero naisip niya na baka nagkaheart attack lang si Marie and her heart started beating again.

Kaagad niya itong nilapitan at tinatanong kung anong pakiramdam nito. He was about to remove the gag on her mouth para makapagsalita ito nang bigla itong nagmulat. Her eerie white eyes and pale skin made him stopped. His instinct was telling him to get away, and he did. Kaagad siyang tumayo at umatras palayo, not taking his eyes off the woman, who was rising in strange pose. Her head whipped on his was and suddenly lunged. Automatically, Alfonso's feet rose and kicked her on the stomach. He was concerned dahil napalakas ang sipa niya kaya tumalsik ito palayo, bumping on a table and knocking the contents, but he stayed on his position. And it was the right thing to do nang muling bumangon si Marie na parang walang nangyari at muling sumugod sa kanya.

Pagkalapit ni Marie sa kanya ay kinapitan niya ang braso nito. He swept her off her feet kaya nadapa ito. He bent her arms to her back and sat on top of her to pin her down.

"Marie, get a hold of yourself!" Sigaw niya rito. But no matter what he says, she doesn't understand him. Patuloy lang ito sa pagwawala. Alfonso continued to pin her down but she is so strong. And because Alfonso's body is still weak due to his illness, he was thrown away. Tumama ang likod niya sa isang cabinet bafo napaupo sa sahig. The contents of the cabinet fall, scattering on the floor. There was even some fragile glasses that was smashed. The contents of the bottles splattered on the carpet, as well as the broken glasses.

Marie...no, it was not Marie anymore. Nanlilisik ang mga mata nitong sumugod kay Alfonso. She doesn't feel the pain as she stepped on the sharp glasses, piercing her soles. It is as if only attacking Alfonso was on her mind.

Gritting his teeth, Alfonso picked the nearest thing beside him at walang tingin na ibinato sa direksyon ni Marie. It was a thick and heavy perfume bottle. Dahil sa tigas nito at sa lakas nang pagkakabato ay napaatras si Marie. There was a huge wound on his forehead, which the perfume bottle hits, where blood was gushing out. Pero balewala ito sa babae at muling sumugod. Her arms were stretched out, trying to get a hold of her target.

Alfonso stood up. Naghanap siya nang pwedeng magamit. He immediately jumped to the side, avoiding the broken glasses when Marie lunged again who crashed on the cabinet, breaking the mirror. Napagulong si Alfonso pero kaagad na tumayo at tumakbo patungo sa kabilang side ng silid where he saw his ornamental sword hanging on the wall. The blunt, fake sword won't be any help but he is trying to get the scabbard. It is pretty solid and will withstand a few hits.