Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"A vehicle spotted 500 meters away waving for help."

Tus stopped his handstand and stood up. Sweat wet the wraps on his body and he tries to even his breath. He was doing exercise for hours to condition his body since he doesn't want to hunt instead. It's been 9 days since he left Clotte city and been traveling towards the Plenne city. He was halfway on his way and Roak advised him not to stop on those parts. Delikado kasi sa mga parteng iyon dahil malayo sa mga cities. Hunters don't stray too far from the cities unless they are doing missions or going to another city kaya naman hindi masyadong nalilinis ang mga monsters na lagpas sa boundary ng cities.

"Slow down, Rose."

"Alright, sir."

Tus took a small towel that's hanging on a chair and used it to wipe his sweat off over his wraps as he walked towards the driving room. He types something on the keyboard and the half of the front screen of the vehicle zooms. It shows the vehicle that Rose mentioned. There is a kid on the roof, waving a flag signaling for help. There is a man underneath the vehicle, and a woman sitting beside the vehicle, handing tools to the man. Tus also noticed some smoke coming off from the car. It seems like the vehicle faces some technicalities.

Unlike the earlier days, mas kaunti na ang mga dumadaang sasakyan dahil malayo na ito sa city. Ang ibang dumadaan noon ay mga hunters, mercenary, o looters na sa loob lang ng city ang trabaho. Ang iba naman ay sa ibang city papunta at iba ang ruta. May mga dumadaan naman sa daan na ginagamit nila Tus pero magkakaiba ang bilis ng mga ito at may distansya sa isa't isa. Unless you are from the same group or agreed to travel together, travelers prefer to travel alone. Kung ang iba ay nag-uusap na sabay maglakbay para makaiwas sa mga bandido, mas gusto ng iba na mapag-isa para sa kaparehong kadahilanan. There are bandits that are hiding among the normal travelers and targets them. Both are risky kaya naman kailangang mag-ingat.

Tus sighed as he noticed the child on the roof of the vehicle. His expression dampen as the vehicle in front of Tus just passed them. He looks like around 5 years old. Well, if he is 5 years old now, because of the change of the Earth and the time, he is 10 years old in the old Earth. Nonetheless, he still reminds Tus of his sister. What if Bel faced the same thing? His heart squeezed as he imagine his sister, alone in somewhere, feeling abandoned and making the same expression of hopelessness. If the man didn't manage to fix the vehicle, they will be forced to wait for someone to help them, which will rarely happened because of the fear of bandits disguising themselves as civilians. Or they can walk to the nearest city which is miles away, a really dangerous thing to do because of the area where they are.

Tus pulled to the side near them. The child noticed his vehicle and shouted to his parents. Kaagad namang umahon sa ilalim ng sasakyan ang lalaki para tingnan ang sinasabi ng anak. Both him and his wife sighed on relief as someone was willing to at least stop and check on them.

Tus instructed Rose to lock the door when he go out and set it to defense mode. After wearing his cloak and taking his weapons ay lumabas na siya ng sasakyan. He walked towards the other vehicle where the family was waiting. He noticed that although they are grateful, they are still cautious. Pinapasok ng babae ang batang nasa bubong sa loob ng sasakyan. She stood behind her husband, near the vehicles door. That's understandable because as much as bandits disguise themselves as civilians that needs help, they also fake being helpers. the two are courteous enough to show theur hands away from their bodies, showing that they are not touching their weapons.

"Your vehicle broke down?" Kaagad na tanong ni Tus pagkalapit sa mga ito.

The man nodded, still vigilant. "Yes. The engine is hot. It overheated." Sagot nito, a mix of english and foreign language.