Chapter 8

Chapter 8

For the next 3 days, Tus fixed his shelter, search about the place where he will go, including the routes, made medicines in case he'll need some, replenish his supplies, drying the skins and meat he got and other things he needs to do. Thankfully, kahit na marami siyang kaialangang gawin ay nagawa naman niyang matapos ang mga ito before his weapons and gears were fixed.

And now, the day he'll need to leave came.

"...delikado sa daan kaya mag-iingat ka. Tingnan mo lagi sa mapa na ibinigay ko ang mga daan. Alam kong malakas ka pero huwag kang dadaan sa mga danger zones. Mahirap na, baka matrap ka. May ilan din namang mga dumadaan sa ruta na ibinigay ko kaya huwag kang masyadong lalayo, pero huwag ka rin masyadong makisama. Alam mo na, maraming plunderers kahit saan. Taan mo ang mga symbols na ipinakita ko sa'yo. Huwag kang lalapit sa kanila. Kung kulang ang supplies mo, may mga traveling merchant sa mga daan o baka makasabay mo. Huwag kang paauto, baka magoyo ka. Kapag kinulang ka naman sa pambili, sabihin mo ang pangalan ko. Utang 'yun, bayaran mo ko 30% interest. Saka bumisita ka paminsan-minsan, o 'di kaya ay magpadala ka ng message. Kumain ka ng maayos saka...saka..."

Right now, Roak is lecturing...reminding Tus of what he needs to do. Pinapangati na ang tenga ni Tus dahil kanina pa siya nito pinapangaralan. Actually, he's been like that noong nalaman nito na may nagtangkang mag-ambush sa kanya. Maybe he feels guilty dahil sa nagyari. Now he nags on him for his safety, but strangely, Tus doesn't hates it.

Tus tapped Roak's shoulder. "I'll be fine." Then, he hugged the man. "I'll contact you if I have the opportunity. And you don't have to worry about me. I can protect myself. Worry about yourself. Beware of the people around you. Stay safe. Thank you for everything, brother."

Nang humiwalay si Tus ay nakita niya ang nag-aalalang mukha ni Roak. It is the first time that he saw that expression on him. He also looks teary but he manage to smile. "Syempre, magiging maayos lang ako. Ako pa. Walang makakapanakit sa akin dito sa teritoryo ko." Sabi nito bago tumawa.

Tus smiled because he seems fine now. He is thankful to him because even for a short while, he took care of him. He usually take advantage of him, monopolizing the goods he buys from him and trying to get the upper hand in the negotiations as much as he can, but he never scams him. In fact, the man treated him as his own brother. He is a good man, indeed.

Matapos nilang mamaalam sa isa't-isa ay umalis na si Tus sakay ng kanyang mobile shelter. He was looking at the side mirror until the figure of Roak, who was near the gate of the city, vanished.

Tus sighed and looked at the front, focusing on driving. Mahaba pa ang panahon bago niya marating ang Plenne. He sets the mobile shelter into auto driving mode and set the path on the map before he started reading a new book he bought. With nothing else to do, he can't help as his minds wander, remembering the past.

~~~

During the meeting, led by Berette, they tackled the things that needs their concern. Dahil sa ang pinakamalaki nilang problema ay pagkain, they brainstormed on what they will do. Of course, the first one is making a farm. The seeds will be no problem since Berette got a lot of those. The problem is where will plant those. They brainstormed and decided to choose a few locations. As for the tools, a few families got some. Pero kahit pagsama-samahin pa nila ang mga ito ay kukulangin kung kailangan nilang gumawa ng malaking plot lands. They need to acquire more but for now, they will need to use what they got on hand. They will also need to acquire farm animals so they assigned some people to research where they can find those.

The second is water. Mayroon pa namang patulo ang water system but they are wary na matigil ang supply. They will need to make sure the subdivision's water tank and the containers in all of houses are always full. They have purifiers kaya walang problema sa drinking water basta mayroon silang pagkukunan ng tubig.