Chapter 7

Chapter 7

After receiving the supplies from the impromptu team formed by the temporary head guard, the people trapped in the clubhouse managed to fight back. They managed to kill those amassing in there and decided to call it a day when the sun starts to set. After deciding when and where the next meeting is, they went back to their own home or where they stayed at aside from those who decided to join other people. Karamihan sa kanila ay nakiusap na sasama sa grupo ng mga Nobleman. Some where planning to do that from the start kaya isinama nila ang kanilang pamilya sa clubhouse. Some were tempted and asked the same thing.

Berette wanted to refuse because although there are more people who can help them fight the zombies, that means there are more mouth to feed. But he immediately erased it on his mind because as a human, he feels it is his responsibility to help those who are in need, especially when he saw some family that has children. They reminds him of his own children, especially his youngest, Bel. He can't help but feel pain imagining the hardship Bel will face if she wast left alone.

Tinaggap ni Berette ang mga ito sa kanyang tahanan sa pangakong susundin nila ang sasabihin ni Berette at pamilya nito at hindi gagawa ng bagay na ikakapahamak ng bawat isa. They have no choice but to agree kung gusto ng mga ito na patuluyin sila sa mansion ng mga Nobleman.

"Daddy, who are those people?" Takang tanong ni Bel nang makita ang mga taong bumaba sa mga sasakyan. She was patiently waiting for her father and brothers' arrival and was excited nang madinig niya ang pagbukas ng gate kaya nagmamadali siyang tumakbo palabas. But aside from the men herfamily took with them ay may kasama itong iba pang mga tao pauwi.

"Bel, they are from our neighborhood. Makikitira muna sila sa atin habang hindi pa safe sa labas but you should get inside first habang chinecheck pa sila ng guards." Nakangiting sabi ni Berette sa anak habang chinecheck ito ng isang guard para sa mga sugat, katulad nang nakapila pa niyang mga kasama.

Bel nodded. "Alright, daddy. Welcome home, daddy, kuya Tus, kuya Remi, and kuya guards. Welcome to our house too, strangers." Kumakaway na bati ni Bel sa mga ito bago tumatakbong bumalik papasok sa bahay. Everyone can't help but smile and melt at the young miss' cuteness.

After checking everyone ay inutusan ni Berette ang isang tagapagsilbi na bigyan ng silid na matutuluyan ang mga kasama nila. They were given rooms on the first floor while those Berette's acquaintances were on the second floor. And there were some who were injured pero hindi nila alam kung magiging zombies ba ang mga ito o hindi kaya after silang gamutin ay inisolate sila sa guard house. They have long roped tied to one of their foots which is tied to their beds in case they turned. There are guards that are changing shifts to monitoring their condition and guard them.

Meanwhile, after greeting his family ay nagtungo si Berette sa meeting room kasunod ang pansamantang head guard. There, the man apologized for acting on his own decision. Ipinaliwanag nito na he concluded that they ran out of ammos dahil sa sinabi ni Bel at nang hindi nito sila macontact ay kaagad siyang nagdesisyon na dalhan sila ng bala. Berette reprimanded him for leaving his duty of guarding the mansion but afterwards, he thanked him. Kung hindi dahil sa desisyon niya, they might still be trapped in the clubhouse. And worse, dead.

When the dinner time comes, sama-samang kumain sa hapag-kainan sa second floor ang pamilyang Nobleman. That includes Al too that's getting better. Ang mga guards naman ay sa kasabay na kumain sa dining room sa first floor. The servants will eat after them together with the guards that are currently on the shift guarding the perimeters. As for the newcomers, some of them ate with the guards while some acquaintances ate with the Nobleman family. Dahil pagod na ang lahat, they decided na ipagpabukas na ang pag-assign ng mga gawain sa mga ito.