CHAPTER XXVI

AUTHOR'S POV

The air hung heavy with unspoken tension as Jimin and Taehyung strolled along the winding path leading away from the campus. The weight of unspoken words lingered in the air, the residue of a shattered heart and fractured trust.

Jimin, usually a beacon of effervescence, walked in solemn silence. His eyes, once sparkling with joy, now bore the shadows of a recent heartbreak. Beside him, Taehyung matched his friend's somber pace, a turbulent storm churning within him.

The path, bordered by trees whispering secrets to the wind, led them away from the campus and towards their sanctuary—the beach. As the waves beckoned, Taehyung spotted an ice cream parlor nestled among the trees.

"Jimin," Taehyung murmured, his voice a soft breeze carrying the weight of his concern, "Wait here, okay?"

They paused, and Taehyung disappeared into the ice cream parlor. Moments later, he emerged, bearing a cone adorned with the soothing combination of chocolate mint and vanilla-flavors reminiscent of simpler times. Taehyung handed one to Jimin, his eyes conveying a silent promise of solidarity.

"Here, Min. Your favorite," Taehyung offered the vanilla ice cream, a warm smile painted on his face.

Jimin accepted the offering, the warmth of gratitude in his eyes a fleeting acknowledgment of Taehyung's comfort. "Thank you," he whispered, the words a fragile echo of his usually vibrant self.

With the ice cream in hand, they resumed their journey towards the beach. The afternoon sky painted hues of orange and pink, a canvas mirroring the complex emotions swirling within them. Jimin's soft sniffles melded with the rhythmic cadence of their footsteps.

As they reached the sandy shores, the symphony of crashing waves greeted them. Seagulls soared overhead, their cries echoing the unspoken words that hung in the air. Jimin and Taehyung settled on the shoreline, their feet gently sinking into the sand, the gentle sound of waves crashing against the shore filling the air.

A bittersweet atmosphere enveloped them, as Jimin's puffy, tear-stained eyes glistened under the fading light. Taehyung was watching him silently with worried eyes, he could feel the heaviness in his friend's heart.

Silently, he laced his fingers through Jimin's, offering a comforting squeeze. Jimin leaned onto his best friend's shoulder, seeking solace in his presence, while Taehyung wrapped a protective arm around him.

The serenity of the beach seemed to cocoon them, providing a safe haven for Jimin to release his pent-up emotions. As the gentle waves of the ocean continued their rhythmic dance, the evening breeze carried a melody that seemed to whisper in Taehyung's ear.

He closed his eyes, the beauty of the moment inspiring him. He took a deep breath, his velvety voice breaking the silence like a whisper meant for Jimin alone.

"You've suffered enough, Jimin. I wouldn't let him hurt you again. I promise." Jimin's looked up at him mingled with vulnerability, with a tear threatening to pour again, touched by his best friends' words.

Jimin leaned into the warmth of Taehyung's embrace, finding solace in the steady beat of his friend's heart. The sun dipped lower, casting a warm glow over the sands as Jimin rested his head on Taehyung's shoulder, soft sniffling punctuating the serene melody of the ocean. With a tender smile, Taehyung began singing,

Take my hand~
Take my whole life too~

Taehyung's voice echoed like a soothing caress; his affection woven delicately into every word. The gentle sea breeze whispered its agreement, intertwining with the lyrics of his song, embracing Jimin's sorrow with compassion.