CHAPTER LV

A/N: Guys, please listen to Can't help falling in love by Elvis while reading this chap. Just trust me😔

AUTHOR'S POV

As the night wore on, Jimin kept his promise and stayed by Taehyung's side, his presence a comforting anchor amidst the hospital's sterile environment. Aunt So-un and Uncle, had finally succumbed to sleep, leaving Jimin alone with his thoughts and his best friend.

He also asked Jungkook to return home, assuring him that he would be fine on his own. Jungkook hesitated at first, reluctant to leave Jimin's side, but ultimately relented at Jimin's insistence, promising to return the next day.

In the quiet of the night, seated beside Taehyung's bed, Jimin's exhaustion caught up with him, and he found himself drifting off to sleep, his hand still intertwined with Taehyung's. It was in this moment of vulnerability that he felt Taehyung's hand move in his grasp, stirring him from his slumber.

"Taehyung," Jimin whispered softly, trying to decipher Taehyung's murmurs. As Taehyung's voice grew slightly louder, Jimin realized that he was calling his name.

"Tae, it's me, Jiminie," Jimin said gently, his voice filled with emotion. "Come on, open your eyes."

He watched anxiously as Taehyung stirred in his sleep, his eyes fluttering open until they finally focused on Jimin. Jimin's heart swelled with overwhelming emotion as he clasped his hand over his mouth, trying to stifle his sobs.

"T-tae," Jimin whispered brokenly, tears streaming down his face unchecked. After what felt like an eternity, he finally saw his best friend awake and looking at him.

"M-Mi-in," Taehyung uttered, his voice weak and hoarse after what seemed like an eternity of silence.

With tears welling up in his eyes, Jimin nodded, his grip on Taehyung's hand tightening in reassurance. "Yes, Taehyungie, I'm here," he whispered, his voice quivering with emotion. He studied Taehyung's face for a moment, watching as a faint smile tugged at the corners of his lips before his eyes drifted shut once more.

Jimin waited for him for a second but thought that Taehyung had fallen asleep again when he saw him didn't open his eyes again.

Jimin frowned at the thought, but he just let him rest but his thought was interrupted when Taehyung spoke again, this time clearer.

"Finally... one of m-my wishes came t-true..."

Taehyung's voice trailed off weakly, his words barely audible above a whisper.

"Hmm, what is it?" Jimin asked softly, his voice filled with gentle encouragement and a hint of apprehension as he carefully cradle his face and gently caresses his cheek.

Then, Taehyung's words pierced through the silence, clear and poignant despite the weakness in his voice.

"That I wanted to see you... before my eyes closed," he murmured, voice barely above a whisper.

Jimin's fingers stilled on Taehyung's cheek, his breath catching in his throat as the weight of Taehyung's words settled heavily upon him. He felt a lump form in his throat, his eyes brimming with unshed tears as he struggled to process the depth of Taehyung's words.

For a moment, there was silence, the air heavy with unspoken emotions. Jimin's heart ached with the knowledge of Taehyung's pain, his own grief threatening to overwhelm him.

"No, stop, Tae. Nothing will happen. You'll be fine. I will be here for you until you're fine," Jimin reassured him, tears welling up in his eyes as he struggled to contain his emotions.