No way

Mina groaned as she stretched, yawning in the process. She opened her eyes and noticed how dark her room was. She furrowed her brows and sat up. Her eyes widen as everything around her was covered in rubble. Her blanket was now in shreds and her mattress was broken. She quickly jumped off, the mattress falling on the floor, letting out dust.

"What happened?" She looked around and noticed the different view out the window. She peeked out and everything seemed deserted. "Mom...where's mom!?" She dashed out her room and looked everywhere. Empty. She was alone and was panicking. "Mom!?" She double checked again while shouting for her mother. "Mom?..." She stood there at what it seemed to be the kitchen. Everything was just trashed and abandoned so it was a bit hard to figure out where she was. 'What is going on?'

She opened the front door which creaked. It gave Mina goosebumps and she glanced around. Cars were flipped and broken down. The flowers from their garden were dead and Mina was realizing that this is a different world. An apocalyptic world it seemed. She went back inside and grabbed a wooden plank, long and big enough for protection. 'Maybe mom is outside wandering around the area.' She tightly held the plank in case there were zombies or any creature. She was now on the road looking left and right, up and down. "Is it just me?" Mina talked to herself as she toured almost half of the neighborhood. There were no zombies so maybe it's just a world that civilization abandoned.

She was biting her cheek, still scared until she caught a glimpse of something—more like someone. She squinted and then recognized that black shoulder length hair. For once, she felt relieved to see her. It seems like she also noticed her and was making her way to her. Her scowl was now clear and Mina thought it was calming. 'At least I'm not alone-'

"You! Did you get us into this mess!?" Chaeyoung started arguing while pointing at her. Mina regretted being happy that she wasn't alone.

"Why are you suddenly blaming me!?"

"Because you're weird!" Mina closed her eyes and shook her head. Wasn't she happy that she found her? How did she also end up here with her? Mina scoffed and started to just explore the area alone, away from her. She was annoyed since Chaeyoung always blamed her for no reason. How was this her fault?

Chaeyoung was busy looking around and noticed that Mina was walking away. She silently followed her since she was slightly scared of being alone. Mina was unaware of her presence since she was busy cursing Chaeyoung out in her head. "Do you know-"

"Ah! Jesus- My god Chaeyoung." Mina jumped and stuttered, holding her chest while Chaeyoung looked at her unfazed.

"Did you already forget I exist?" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, crossing her arms while Mina caught her breath.

"I wish I could!" Mina bickered and regretted her previous wish from last night. She should've wished to forget about her and not be paired up with her. The wish did the exact opposite. She was now paired up with her in this weird world.

"Whatever. I was asking if you had any idea how all of this happened." She sounded serious for a bit which made Mina slightly uncomfortable. She was used to them bickering.

"...No I don't." Mina said after a bit of silence. Chaeyoung flung her arms in the air and was mumbling curse words while Mina sighed. "I'm leaving." She said but Chaeyoung immediately snapped back to her and held her wrist.

"No! I mean- that's stupid why would you go alone?" Chaeyoung let go of her wrist when she noticed Mina raising a brow at her.

"Oh you care about my safety now?" Mina sarcastically said with a smile. Chaeyoung scowled and shook her head. "Good. I'm off."

Chaeyoung didn't let her go alone, she instead followed her. "I think we should stick together."

"What? No way. Absolutely not." Mina argued, trying to walk a bit fast, using her long legs as an advantage.

"What do you mean no way? Is being stuck with me that bad?" Mina stopped her tracks, making Chaeyoung almost bump into her. She turned with a cold stare and Chaeyoung was confused.

"Being stuck with you is worse than period cramps." Mina said dryly and walked away, continuing on exploring the area. Chaeyoung stood there shocked. 'I'm worse than periods!?'

"H-Hey! I'm serious about us sticking together!" Chaeyoung snapped back from her thoughts and ran to Mina. "Look, let's just set aside our differences and work together. You're looking at a pro in survival." Chaeyoung puffed her chest a bit and straighten her posture. Mina wanted to laugh but didn't want to feed into her ego.

"Couldn't ask for more." Mina gave a fake smile as she continued to ignore Chaeyoung. She couldn't check the hour since earlier in her search she tried to find her phone but knew there was no service. How can there be?

+++

After some exploring, Chaeyoung's voice beamed. "Look I found some clothes for us to change into. Going in pajamas is kind of silly don't you think?" Chaeyoung was now in front of her, holding her pile while offering some to Mina. She wasn't wrong about looking silly. She looked at Chaeyoung who had a blank face and back to the clothes. She snatched it from her and walked to a more private area.

She made sure she was hidden and quickly changed into the clothes. She fit into some jeans and a gray shirt. She felt bad throwing her pajamas away but she remembered that this is a different world meaning that her pajamas still existed in her world. Mina still wondered how they both ended up here. Maybe it was related to the shooting star? 'Nonsense. That exists in movies.' Mina mentally scoffed and went back.

As she walked back, she found Chaeyoung changed into some khaki worn cargos with a black slightly fitted shirt. She also had a brown jacket on and she looked like a whole new person. Mina always saw Chaeyoung in her uniform. She once overheard her saying she rather wear high end clothes than used but right now it seemed like she didn't have a choice. 'Why the hell does she look good?'

"Oh you're back. Great let's find some shelter it's getting dark." She pointed at the sky and it was indeed getting dark. "Come on, I'll lead." She walked proudly and Mina stood there cringing. She rolled my eyes and just decided to follow her, not in the mood to argue.