Did She Mean It?

Mina frantically looked everywhere in the forest. She made sure to not go too deep inside, she didn't have a weapon on her and it was night time. She was about to give up until she heard that laugh. "You look like a lost puppy." Mina turned her head and found Chaeyoung sitting on top of a rock behind her. She had a smirk on her face and Mina rolled her eyes. 'Where did she come from?' "Come." Chaeyoung patted on the spot next to her. Mina ignored how each step she took made her heartbeat increase. She sat by her right side, keeping a distance. The rock was big enough for the both of them.

Chaeyoung stared out in the distance. In front of them was a cliff a few feet away from them. They could see the vast of trees below, swaying slightly by the cool breeze. Even though they were stuck in such nightmare, mother nature never failed to look beautiful. "You had me worried." Mina softly spoke as she looked at the moon that was shinning in the night sky. Chaeyoung looked at her and to the moon.

"Sorry. I wandered too much." She chuckled. They both sat in silence, a comfortable one. "Thank you by the way. For everything." She didn't look away from the moon. Mina turned to her filled with warmth inside of her. She stared at her side profile. Her heart started to race. She admired her mole that was on the side of her lips. She admired the small strands on her hair that laid on her face. She was perfect. "Take a picture, it'll last long."

Mina scoffed and pushed her arm earning a giggle from the younger girl. Mina raised her knees to her chest, hugging them, fiddling with her thumbs. 'Should I?' She contemplated on making a move. She was this close to her and alone. 'Do it.' With that, Mina turned to her making Chaeyoung look back at her. They both stared at each other. Both of their hearts started to race. Their eyes were as if they were communicating.

Mina saw how her eyes looked down at her lips. She licked them out of nerves which caused Chaeyoung to lean closer. Now, Mina's eyes look down at her lips and saw how plump they were. She felt her breath against her lips and her hand gently traveled up to her thigh. Mina stiffened but she closed the distance. They kissed gently, afraid almost. Chaeyoung moved her left hand to cup Mina's face. Their lips softly danced together, both of them feeling that satisfaction. Mina's hand held her hand that was still on her thigh. Their fingers intertwined as Chaeyoung slowly backed away. They both gave each other a wide grin. Chaeyoung caressed Mina's cheek as she gazed into Mina's eyes.

"I wish I could stay here." She sighed. "In this world, stuck with you." She gave a cheesy grin and Mina chuckled at her corny line.

"I would rather be with you back home." Chaeyoung's grin slowly dropped and backed away slightly.

"Back home, people know that we hate each other. It would be weird to come back as if nothing happened." Mina felt a slight ache in her heart. She was disappointed. Maybe Chaeyoung was doing all of this just because of their situation. That kiss. It felt like it confirmed everything between the two. 'Did she mean it?' Mina backed her hand that was intertwined with Chaeyoung's away. She tuck a strand of hair behind her ear and looked back at the view. She licked her lips as she started to overthink everything. What if Chaeyoung is just toying with her? 'She wouldn't do that.'

From what Mina knows and heard, Chaeyoung, aside from being cocky selfish, was very romantic. She heard from others that when she was with her ex, she would bring them flowers everyday after school. She would take them out to eat and just treat them right. Mina didn't expect such actions from the girl. Mina always knew her as a selfish rich snob that bragged about everything. So, Mina never really got to know the old Chaeyoung.

She never knew how the two ended. She met Chaeyoung in their junior year and she was her cocky self which gave a bad first impression for Mina. Rumors were heard that Chaeyoung's ex cheated on her, was a gold digger, or simply just used her to reputation. Others said that Chaeyoung cheated but Mina didn't find that possible. She wouldn't do such thing. Right?

Chaeyoung reacted to the lack of warmth in her hands and carefully viewed Mina's expression. She could see something was wrong and she bit her lip. 'You fucked up again.' Chaeyoung wasn't ashamed on loving her in the real world. She just didn't want to go through the questioning and the attention. She was enjoying a peaceful life and she learned it from Mina. She rubbed her nape and turned to Mina, opening her mouth, about to apologize when she heard rustling in some bushes next to them.

Quickly, Chaeyoung pulled out her gun, pointing at each bush. Mina, as an instinct, held her arm. Chaeyoung squinted her eyes, scanning the area to see if she could catch any sudden movement. Then, a bush moved and Chaeyoung quickly aimed the gun at it. Before she could pull the trigger, a voice was heard. "It's me!" Chaeyoung lowered her gun and furrowed her eyebrows. Mina loosened her hold on her arm when she heard the familiar voice.

Jumping out of the bush, with her hands up, was Dahyun. Chaeyoung sighed and put the gun away. "Just what the hell are you doing?"

"Uh...peeing?" Dahyun awkwardly smiled with her hands behind her back and Mina giggled at that. Chaeyoung deadpanned and shooed her away which Dahyun quickly did. Mina kept giggling while Chaeyoung shook her head, wiping a hand across her face.

"Wonder how long she was there for." Chaeyoung questioned as Mina shrugged. She didn't let her arm go and Chaeyoung liked it. She liked it a lot. She felt like a knight protecting his princess. She took this opportunity to apologize for her past words. 'Now or never.'