Another Wish

Mina ended up taking a nap after crying. She woke up and found herself in the dark. She quickly got off the rock and started to make her way back. She didn't mean to sleep but with her brain overworking in negative thoughts city, it exhausted her. She tried to quietly walk back without making much noise, in case a wolf or a bear would react.

After much thinking before passing out, she ended up going with Chaeyoung's, well her, idea. She recalled how happy she looked to have figured something out. She smiled remembering the times she would bicker at Chaeyoung for figuring things out late. It's almost as if the girl had a delay but when it comes to hunting, her reaction time is quick.

She made it back all in one piece. She walked in and found Chaeyoung sound asleep. The lack of noise made Mina felt uneasy but as she got closer to Chaeyoung, she was calm. Chaeyoung was slightly snoring and Mina wanted to take a picture if she could. She felt bad for waking up her but a shooting star could pass at any minute.

"Chaeyoung." She whispered and she tapped on the girl's arm. Chaeyoung's face turned into a scowl but she didn't wake up. Mina missed that stupid scowl of hers. It brought her back to their old days. Crazy on how much has changed. "Chaeng." She whispered a bit louder this time. She never called her anything but Chaeyoung or clown. Even with the new nickname, she didn't react. Mina rolled her eyes. 'Such a heavy sleeper.'

She looked at the girl and then her body. 'If words don't wake her up...' She bit her lip in hesitation. She made the move and straddled the girl. "Babe," She got closer to the girl. Chaeyoung's lip twitched and Mina smiled. "Wake up!" She yelled causing the younger girl to open her eyes. She immediately sat up making Mina stumble back but Chaeyoung caught her.

"Jesus are you okay!?" Chaeyoung said in desperation. She was panting from the scare the older girl gave her. Mina laughed at seeing Chaeyoung's scared face. "I was having a good dream nerd." She scoffed as she rubbed her eyes.

"What were you dreaming about?" Mina curiously asked. She saw how she looked at their position with small red tint on her cheeks. "You pervert!" She slapped her arm as she got off from her lap.

"It wasn't like that! You're the pervert here!" Chaeyoung defended even though she was right. Chaeyoung didn't want to admit it. She got up and stretched. Mina saw how her shirt slightly raised, exposing her stomach. It was now her turn to blush. "Anyway, have you decided on anything?" Chaeyoung asked seriously. Mina's snapped back from her thoughts.

"Oh yes. I have." She grabbed Chaeyoung's hand and guided her outside. "If your idea doesn't work, I'll get to punch you right?" Chaeyoung frowned.

"When did you get so violent?" She mumbled. They were now in an open space, not that many trees and the sky was clearly visible. "Now we wait." Chaeyoung crossed her arms. Both of their eyes were checking everywhere at the sky, for a single shooting star. Chaeyoung's eyes darted to Mina who was too busy with the task. She examined her features and one by one she was engraving them in her brain. Mina was quietly humming, not noticing Chaeyoung's gaze. The younger girl gently wrapped an arm around her waist, startling Mina.

"What is it? You found one?" Chaeyoung didn't reply. Her eyes were glued to Mina's lips. "Chaeyoung?" She slightly stood on her toes as she gave Mina a quick but meaningful kiss.

"Sorry I got distracted." Chaeyoung pulled back with a smirk. Mina blinked a couple of times and slapped her arm. "Ow! Why do you keep hitting me!?"

"You're so corny!" Mina wanted to cringe but she would lie if she said she didn't like it. "Now you're distracting me." Mina was nervous and having that fangirl panic. She looked back at the sky and still could see Chaeyoung's smug face in her peripheral. "Focus babe." Chaeyoung's smug face was instantly wiped off after hearing that.

"What?"

"Focus." Mina said not realizing that Chaeyoung was now going insane.

"Repeat what you just said." Chaeyoung got closer to Mina.

"I said to focus." Mina rolled her eyes and met Chaeyoung's blank face. "What? You're gonna miss the star if you're just gonna keep staring at me." Mina slightly squirmed. Chaeyoung gave up on wanting to hear her calling her that again.

However, Mina knew what she wanted. She just didn't want to repeat it because it makes her a shy mess. She has said it two times, not even thinking about till after.

+++

Chaeyoung yawned and groaned. "I'll just run at a bear at this point." She sighed as she sat on the ground. It had been 15 minutes of them just looking at the sky. "Let's give up and start a new life here."

"No!" Mina looked down at her with a frown. "Don't you miss your friends?" Chaeyoung hummed.

"Well, they'll be the ones missing me that's for sure." Mina shook her head. 'Still with a high ego.' It wasn't annoying for Mina anymore. Instead, it was funny now. She wondered where she got this confidence from. She got distracted until Chaeyoung quickly got up and exclaimed. "There it is!" Mina quickly looked up and saw it zip by.

"Hurry!" Mina said and both of them closed their eyes. This time, they didn't tell each other their wish. They knew to not make that mistake again.

'I wish to be together with Mina.'

'I wish to be together with Chaeyoung.'

Both of them wished for the same thing. They really hoped that this would work. If this didn't, then they wouldn't know what to do next. Start a new life in this universe? It would be depressing since there are no other human beings. Both of the girls were too nervous to open their eyes. 'Did it work?'

Both of them took a deep breath. 'Please...' They slowly opened their eyes. Each of them were facing a window. Their own window in their rooms.