Closer

Jeongyeon found a shipping container that was in the middle of the forest. It was narrow but it was manageable for one night. The girls got inside while Jeongyeon shut the door. Jihyo placed the flashlight in the middle of the container that provided small amount of light. Tzuyu suggested to start a small fire for warmth and food which Dahyun helped out.

Nayeon helped Jihyo prepare some food to eat in the meantime while Momo stared at them with a talkative Sana beside her. Mina slowly lowered Chaeyoung to the floor. "I'll see if they have some ointment or anything." Mina softly said and left. Chaeyoung just stared as she walked off, asking each girl for any first aid. She felt warm, even though the place was cold. Mina returned, kneeling down, with a wet rag. Without thinking, Mina lifted Chaeyoung's shirt which caused the younger girl to grip her wrist. Mina looked taken back but saw a slight glare from her.

She cleared her throat, her glare was intense. "May I?" She asked and Chaeyoung took a while to respond but nodded. Chaeyoung didn't know why she reacted like that. She was glad Mina cared for her but she reacted without thinking. She watched as Mina carefully lifted her shirt, displaying the bruise and rash on her stomach. Mina gently dabbed the rag on the injury causing Chaeyoung to retract and groan.

"Sorry!" Mina slightly backed away after hearing her reaction. Chaeyoung saw how her face was worried and how she looked sorry.

"It's nothing. You can continue." Chaeyoung huffed and Mina nodded. Again, even more careful, she dabbed the wound cleaning it up. Chaeyoung bit her lip from the pain and just like that Mina was done. "Thank you doc." She gave a crooked smile as she sat up properly.

"I'm not done clown." Mina blurted and Chaeyoung looked at her puzzled. 'Clown?' "Your face is dirty." With the clean side of the rag, she got closer to her which Chaeyoung made freeze. She could feel her breath on her lips. She saw how Mina's eyebrows were furrowed, focusing on wiping any spec of dirt from her face. How her lips slightly parted. How her hair fell perfectly on her shoulders. How she noticed the moles on her face. 'Pretty...'

"What?"

"What? Who said that? I said nothing." Chaeyoung panicked and looked everywhere but Mina. Mina was shocked but then bursted out laughing causing the other girls to turn their heads.

"Wow I never heard Mina laugh like that." Sana commented and Momo nodded. Mina realized how loud she laughed and instantly stopped. Her face was slightly red from embarrassment.

"I guess I am a clown then." Chaeyoung smiled at Mina who was shyly playing with the rag.

+++

With the fire set and some cooked food, the nine girls sat around the fireplace whilst talking about random things. Nayeon started to warm up to the six of them. 'They're not that bad I guess.'

"Say, what school do you guys attend?" Sana asked curiously as she took the last bite of her food. The rest of the girls turned to the three.

"Me and Jeongyeon are in college." The girls let out a 'wow'. They didn't expect them to be older by the way they acted towards each other. Especially Nayeon, her actions made her seem like she was younger. Mina would notice how the two are always by each other's side. Jeongyeon also knew how to deal with Nayeon's so called attitude. They seemed pretty close.

"Momo aren't you supposed to be in college too?" Dahyun asked and Momo looked at the ground.

"She got held back because of-" Momo instantly cupped Sana's mouth shut. Everyone but Mina knew what she was going to say. The awkward silence lingered till Chaeyoung coughed.

"Are you okay?" Mina quickly turned to her and Chaeyoung gave her a small nod.

"Whipped." Dahyun whispered which Jihyo and Tzuyu laughed since they were by her. "What about you Jihyo?"

"I'm still in high school. I never seen any of you before so I assume we go to different schools." The younger girls nodded at that.

"Well since we all ate let's try and get some rest yeah?" Nayeon clasped her hands and got up. "We found plenty of sleeping bags too." Jeongyeon handed each one of them a sleeping bag.

Jihyo suggested to kill the fire and leave the flashlight on since it was safer. They cleaned up the area and each one of them found a spot. Nayeon and Jeongyeon stayed close, even though Jeongyeon didn't want to, Nayeon didn't give up and the younger girl gave in. Jihyo placed her bag a few feet away from the two older girls. Sana mustered up the courage to stay close to her which Momo snorted at that. Momo stayed close with Tzuyu and Dahyun followed by Chaeyoung who placed her bag near Dahyun.

"It's been a while since us three slept together." Chaeyoung let out a sigh as she laid back, hands behind her head.

"Don't say it like that! That sounds weird." Dahyun scrunched her nose and Chaeyoung bursted out laughing.

"Dirty minded so that makes you the problem." Tzuyu quietly teased Dahyun. The two started to bicker back and forth which Chaeyoung zoned out. She was about to fall asleep when she felt a presence next to her. Looking to her left, she saw Mina shyly getting in her sleeping bag.

"Cant get enough of me?" Chaeyoung smirked and Mina annoyingly huffed.

"You suck at flirting." Mina turned around, having her back to her. She did that to hide her flushed face and to hopefully reduce the sound of her beating heart. She heard rustling and then slightly jolted when she felt arms around her waist. "W-What are you doing?" Mina whispered with slight panic in her voice. 'We're not alone!' Would the girls question this? Would they talk about it in the morning? 'I hope not...'

"I'm cold." Chaeyoung mumbled and had her forehead against Mina's back. As much as Mina enjoyed her warmth, she didn't want to risk this.

"We're not alone idiot." She whispered and Chaeyoung hummed.

"Don't care." Chaeyoung slightly slurred her words indicating that sleep was taking over. "You're comfortable." She lastly said as she dozed off. Mina kept trying to calm her heart but Chaeyoung's grip on her wasn't helping. Neither were her words. 'I'm comfortable...' Mina smiled as she didn't expect to bring someone comfort. She gently placed her hands on Chaeyoung's and closed her eyes.