But I Hate Her?

It was early morning and the girls were still asleep. Except for the three Japanese. They took the opportunity to wash up at a nearby lake. The sun was soon to rise, giving a beautiful view the girls could admire. "We should do this often when we go back." Sana sighed as she closed her eyes.

"You forget that people exist dumbass. More like creeps." Momo bickered and Sana pouted. Mina had half of her face in the water, lost in thought, which the two took notice.

"What's on your mind?" Momo asked and Mina lifted her head up. "We're girls and we're friends, you don't gotta be ashamed." Mina shook her head.

"It's not that...I'm still wondering how our wishes brought us here. I mean, why did our wish bring us here? How can we escape? Can we even leave?" Sana swam closer to Mina and placed her hand in her shoulder.

"Don't worry Minari, we can figure it out soon plus it's too early to be stressed out." Sana gave her a warm smile and Mina sighed. "Oh! Momo, what did you wish for?" Mina snapped back from her worry as soon as she heard Sana.

"No!" Mina quickly stopped Momo and the two looked at her confused. "That's not a good idea." Mina rubbed her temple.

"Why not? You know something we don't?" Momo questioned with a slight scowl.

"I don't! It's just a theory that's probably not true but still." Sana awkwardly was between the two. The two would sometimes get into little disagreements but it was nothing compared to Chaeyoung. "I think if you say your wish out loud, something happens. I'm not sure what but that's what I think. You know the rules, never say your wish out loud." Momo's face softened since Mina did have a point. That was the basic rule.

"You're right. But, I wonder what changes?" Mina shrugged at that and Momo nodded. "Guess we have to find various ways to get out of here." Momo sighed and began to swim to the rocks. The other two did the same and they changed back into their clothes. They could really use another set of clothes but escaping was their main priority.

+++

"Good morning guys." Jihyo smiled at the three younger girls that just woke up. "Nayeon and Jeongyeon left to find some fruit." Jihyo informed them as she was about to head out. She last told them that she was going to the lake nearby and left. Dahyun groaned since she was still sleepy. She rested her head back on the sleeping bag which made Tzuyu shake her.

"Don't go back to sleep we have to get moving." Tzuyu scolded and Dahyun whined. "Are you feeling better Chae?" Tzuyu softly asked.

"Hm? Oh yeah, much better." Chaeyoung smiled at remembering how Mina was gentle with her. Her smile even grew when she remembered how they cuddled last night.

"What's up with you and Mina?" Dahyun asked with her arms spread out from the sleeping bag. Tzuyu quickly glanced at Chaeyoung since she was also curious. Chaeyoung nervously chuckled.

"Uh nothing? We're just a team okay?" Chaeyoung got up and started to put away the bag. Dahyun squinted her eyes at her and Tzuyu had a small scowl on her face.

"Then why did you two cuddle if you guys aren't a thing?" Tzuyu crossed her arms, her eyes were dark. Again, Chaeyoung was nervous. 'What's with all these questions?'

"I was cold okay? Plus, it isn't our first time doing that. Wouldn't you want to keep your friend warm?" Chaeyoung defended but instantly knew she messed up.

"Oh? So you're friends now? I thought you hated her?" Tzuyu got a bit closer, arms still crossed, her brow raised in interest still with an expression Chaeyoung couldn't read.

Chaeyoung gulped and her eyes couldn't hold the eye contact with Tzuyu. "I do hate her." She said as she looked down. It felt as if she drank poison. Saying that stung her tongue and heart. Tzuyu didn't seem convinced but the door of the shipping container opened before she could continue her interrogation.

"Oh the kids are awake!" Nayeon smiled at them with Jeongyeon coming in, carrying a bag full of fruit. "We got lucky. There was good fruit in the fields." Tzuyu gave one last glance at Chaeyoung before heading to the older girls. Chaeyoung looked at Dahyun and she just shrugged.

"Oh! Fruit!" Sana exclaimed as she entered followed by the other two. Momo quickly grabbed some since she hasn't eaten anything yet. Chaeyoung met Mina's eyes for a second and she looked away. She felt guilty. She just said, with her very own voice, that she hates her. 'Maybe she hates me too.' Chaeyoung nodded to herself. She's probably just nice because she was injured. 'Yeah that's it.' Chaeyoung again looked at Mina who was quietly taking bites of her fruit whilst listening to the other girl's conversation.

Again, that feeling came back. Her heart was racing and she felt warm in her stomach. She was staring at Mina in awe. Even if she's just simply sitting, she was still pretty. If she's slightly snoring, she's still pretty. If she's mad, she's still pretty. Chaeyoung found Mina pretty no matter what. Chaeyoung was slightly smiling till she snap back from her daydream. 'But I hate her?' Chaeyoung rubbed her brow in slight annoyance. Chaeyoung knew what she was feeling but she didn't want to have hopes that Mina feels the same way. She also didn't want to easily give in that she fell for Mina in front of her friends.

Chaeyoung didn't understand why Tzuyu was acting slightly different than usual. Ever since Tzuyu joined, her attitude was different. She would feel her eyes on her whenever she was with Mina. Chaeyoung sighed. 'Maybe Tzuyu doesn't like her.'

"Chaeyoung! Have some fruit before Momo eats it all." Dahyun called out for her and Chaeyoung quickly looked up. Her eyes glanced to Mina who was looking at her. Chaeyoung slowly approached and grabbed a strawberry. She took a seat next to Jeongyeon and Dahyun. Again, she felt Tzuyu's eyes but also Mina's. She felt shivers down her spine. 'Just enjoy your strawberry.' Chaeyoung let out a small breath to calm down and she took a bite of her strawberry.

+++

Mina noticed something off about Chaeyoung. Whenever she would meet her eyes, she would quickly look away. Almost as if she's hiding something. 'Did I do something last night?' Mina didn't once care about what Chaeyoung thought or was feeling. But now, it's all different. They both gotten so close that even their friends were shocked and confused. Mina wanted to scoff. She couldn't believe she would ever care for a snob like Chaeyoung.

Mina wasn't sure about how she felt towards her. She's not used to having romantic feelings towards anyone. Her last crush was in middle school and it was on a foreign exchange student. For now, Mina views her as a friend and she would like to keep it that way since she knew Chaeyoung would never feel such things. She glanced at Chaeyoung who was talking to everyone but she didn't know what they were talking about. She zoned out and just stared at her, almost as if she was the only one in the room. 'I think I might have a crush.' Mina blushed and mentally fangirled.