Regret

"AHHH!" Mina eyes shot up and Chaeyoung sat up after hearing a scream. They both looked at each other, not noticing the distance from each other. Chaeyoung immediately stood up and grabbed her gun, running outside as Mina tried to follow.

They both met with Sana who was trembling pointing her gun at someone. "Don't move!" She had fear in her voice. Mina was also slightly scared since the person was wearing a mask. 'So we aren't really alone...' The masked person had their hands up, shaking since Sana could pull the trigger in any second.

Chaeyoung also had her gun pointing at the person and slowly walked up. "State your name." The stranger who was trembling, stood up straight as they slowly lowered their hands after hearing her voice. Chaeyoung cocked the gun and the person immediately croaked out.

"Chaeyoung! It's me!" A woman. Chaeyoung lowered her gun but Sana still had her gun on her. Chaeyoung turned to her and lowered the gun. She nodded at her then turned to the girl.

The girl took off her mask and Mina knew she was familiar. 'Is she one of-'

"Dahyun!?" Chaeyoung exclaimed and ran to hug the girl. Dahyun let out an 'oof' and hugged the younger girl back. Sana was relieved it was someone that she knew.

"Good job on standing your ground." Mina placed her hand on Sana's shoulder. "Though your scream did wake me up." Sana pouted and Mina smiled at her.

"Why are you here? How are you here?" Chaeyoung kept questioning Dahyun while holding her shoulders, shaking the browned hair girl lightly.

"Stop shaking me!" Dahyun shimmed away from her hold. "I don't know how I got here actually. I saw a shooting star, did my thing, and woke up here."

"I did too." Chaeyoung had a puzzled face. "Maybe the shooting star has something to do with this."

"Wow took you long enough to figure that out." Mina mumbled but Chaeyoung caught it.

"And you didn't bother on telling us? We're a team!"

"Only for a moment!" Chaeyoung just stared at her but stayed silent. Dahyun smiled awkwardly and Sana just bit her lip. The tension was strong between these two.

"Whatever. I'm surprised you managed to stay alive." Chaeyoung turned to Dahyun. Mina zoned out their conversation and turned back to the gas station. Sana noticed and also followed her.

"Minari are you okay? You've been heated lately." Sana carefully asked. She didn't want Mina to snap at her too.

Mina sighed as she grabbed her bag. She glanced at Chaeyoung's bag that was next to hers. She blushed when she remembered that Chaeyoung held her in her sleep. 'No wonder I slept comfortably.'

"Yes I'm fine Sana. You already know I hate her." Mina felt wrong for saying that but it was true. At least that's what she thinks.

"Hate is a strong word. I know you guys fight a lot but at least try to be cooperative? I mean, we're stuck in this world and don't know what's out there." Sana did have a point. Mina felt guilty and looked at Sana. She gave her a sad smile and Sana nodded at her.

+++

The four were currently walking in search for the shelter. Dahyun agreed to join them and told them that she found a shelter during her walk. Chaeyoung let Dahyun take the lead, in hopes that it was probably their shelter. Sana, being a social butterfly, was making small talk with Dahyun. Leaving Chaeyoung with Mina who were awkwardly walking along.

"You know," Chaeyoung spoke, breaking the silence. Mina kept quiet but listened to her as they walked. "You're pretty okay to be around with. Thanks for letting me sleep with you by the way." Mina's ears got hot since it sounded like a totally different meaning. "Woah your ears are red." She placed her hand on Mina's forehead. "You're not sick...are you-"

"Don't." Mina bit and Chaeyoung chuckled at her. Mina wanted to laugh too but she didn't want to satisfy her. After the small talk, Chaeyoung looked at the sky. It was still morning, she saw how the clouds were shaped in various shapes.

"Can I tell you my wish?" Chaeyoung asked and Mina wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Maybe if one says their wish, they would have a different outcome. Maybe they will never escape this place.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Chaeyoung scoffed at that.

"What's the worse that can happen?" Chaeyoung shrugged. She awkwardly let out a cough. "My wish uh, it honestly isn't that good. I uh wished to never see you...again." Her voice died slowly. "I was heated okay! Mrs. Yoon paired me with you and I was just mad." Chaeyoung tried to explain herself but Mina zoned out.

'Did she really wish that?' Mina felt her heart ache a bit. Her wish was harsher than her own and didn't expect such wish. What both of them didn't know was that the wish outcome changed. Their wishes brought them here, for the opposite reasons. In order to escape, they had fulfill their wish. Those who said their wish out loud, would have to oppositely complete their wish.

Chaeyoung would have to see Mina again forever instead of never. Mina would be paired up Chaeyoung and so on.

Chaeyoung noticed the lack of response from Mina and rubbed her neck in embarrassment. 'I regret that.' She truly felt regret for wishing such thing. She didn't acknowledge how Mina would feel. 'You're an idiot.'

"I'm sorry really. I regret my wish I uh actually like being stuck with you. It's very calming in a way." Chaeyoung panicked and Mina slightly chuckled. Chaeyoung was shocked to hear such noise from the older girl. 'That chuckle...' It was the most beautiful sound she ever heard. She wanted to hear it again and tried to speak but heard Sana's scream.

They both looked up and saw Sana and Dahyun in the distance. They didn't notice how far away they were from them. They both jogged to them and immediately stopped when 3 strangers pointed their guns at them. Sana and Dahyun were on their knees, hands behind their head.

"Fuck..."