Freedom

Her eyes darted everywhere in her room. "It worked!" Mina happily exclaimed. She rushed out of the door and was met with her mother at the dinner table. "Mom!" She ran up to her and hugged her.

"Woah! Did something happen sweetie?" Her mother asked as she hugged her back. Mina was confused. Mina backed away and her mother was waiting for her answer.

"What day is it?" Mina ignored her questioned since she was confounded on why her mom was so calm.

"Tuesday. Are you sure you're okay?" Her mother chuckled but had a worried face. Mina wasn't understanding anything. 'It's only Tuesday?'

"Mom, what do you remember from...yesterday?" She asked and her mom rose a brow.

"Well, I came home late and ate the dinner that you cooked. Why? Is something wrong?" Mina finally got it. 'It froze in time...' The real world wasn't in tune with the other universe the nine girls were in. Mina's mind wanted to explode. 'This is such a movie.' "Oh again!?" Mina snapped back from her thoughts and her mom quickly placed her coffee mug in the sink. Almost like deja vu, like nothing had happened. Everything was back to normal. "Gotta go sweetie! Eat your breakfast okay!?" Her mother blew a kiss and walked out.

"What the fuck." Was all she could say. She noticed the time and she was nearly late for school. "I forgot school was a thing!" She quickly went upstairs to get ready, nearly tripping up the stairs.

+++

When Chaeyoung opened her eyes, it took her a minute to register that she was back home. "It...It worked?" She mumbled in disbelief. "It worked! I'm so smart where is my medal?" She gave herself a pat on the back. She quickly looked at her arm and it was...healed? It was like nothing happened to her. She checked her stomach and it was clean from bruises. 'This some voodoo shit.' Chaeyoung shivered.

She looked outside the window and was happy she got to see her vibrant neighborhood. "Oh shit. School!" She quickly got dressed and took a shower since she felt like she smelled, even though she smelled fine but it was just to be safe.

+++

Chaeyoung ran downstairs and saw a tray with a sticky note on the counter. "Had to leave early, there was an emergency but I managed to make you breakfast." She read the note her mother wrote. She smiled. "Thanks mom." She said as she grabbed the breakfast sandwich and bolted out the door.

She didn't take the bus or a car. She used her legs, she was filled with adrenaline and the urge to see Mina gave her insane stamina. She passed by her neighbors who were up early, watering their flowers and plants in the garden. "Good morning!" She yelled causing them to turn their heads and wave. They were shocked since she never greeted anyone excitedly.

+++

Chaeyoung bursted inside the school causing others to turn their heads. Chaeyoung looked at each of them and they all looked away. Chaeyoung had an intense gaze, almost like a tiger eyeing its prey. Chaeyoung couldn't find Mina anywhere. 'This is not good.' She continued walking and kept her eye out for Mina. She caught Dahyun and Tzuyu, who were leaning against their lockers. "Have you guys seen Mina?" Chaeyoung desperately asked after she caught up with them.

"Jeez, what happened to hello or how are you?" Dahyun bickered. Chaeyoung apologized and asked while Tzuyu shook her head. "Well I'm doing great thank you for asking!" Dahyun gave a big smile.

"We haven't seen her yet. She's probably with Sana and Momo." Tzuyu answered Chaeyoung's question. Chaeyoung didn't wait any longer as she took off looking for the three Japanese. The other two followed behind her.

Dahyun shook her head and leaned to Tzuyu. "Whipped I tell you." She whispered and Tzuyu chuckled at that.

"Says you. You're following just to see Momo." Tzuyu teased and Dahyun defended herself. Chaeyoung looked inside each classroom and the halls. She was starting to lose hope. However, Tzuyu saw Momo in the distance. "There's Momo."

"Where!?" Both Chaeyoung and Dahyun looked everywhere and Tzuyu sighed as she pointed where. The two girls started to run to her and Momo noticed them.

"Hi!- Ow!" Dahyun crashed onto her with a hug. "I missed you too but I can't breathe." Momo squeaked and Dahyun let go.

"Where's Mina?" Chaeyoung desperately asked and as if it were magic, Mina was walking out of the bathroom with Sana. "Mina!" She ran to the girl and picked her up, nearly off the ground. Mina was shocked as she hugged the girl's neck. She smirked as she thought to tease her.

"W-Who are you?" She acted and Chaeyoung quickly put her down. She had a saddened expression and Mina wanted to laugh but she kept up with her act.

"Y-You don't remember me?" Chaeyoung nervously chuckled trying not to burst out crying. Mina shook her head and for Chaeyoung, her world collapsed. The girls behind her were grinning like idiots.

"You should've brought popcorn." Momo whispered to Dahyun.

Chaeyoung's shoulders dropped and she looked like a sad cub. Mina tried to fight the smile but gave up. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and groaned. "I hate you!" Chaeyoung stomped in embarrassment and the girls bursted out laughing. Mina hugged the girl and she hugged back tightly.

"Did you really believe that I forgot about you?" Mina asked after catching her breath.

"Well, you did say that you wish you could." Chaeyoung recalled their first encounter in the other world. She smirked seeing Mina's embarrassed face.

"Okay lovebirds let's get going!" Sana interrupted them as she started to make way to their first class. Momo and Dahyun walked together, finally being able to be together back home. Momo still had to talk to Hwan about their breakup which made her nervous but Dahyun assured her and told her that she'll be by her side whenever.

Tzuyu walked with Sana and was shocked on how much this girl talked. 'No wonder Jihyo likes her.' Sana was missing Jihyo and wished that they both attended the same school. Hopefully after graduation she'll be able to see her. Jihyo told her what school she went so she was prepared to see her after school and even on the weekends.

Other students were eyeing Mina and Chaeyoung weirdly. "Didn't they hate each other?" "When did they become so close?" "What did Mrs. Yoon do?" Chaeyoung heard their whispers. 'And it has begun...' This is what she meant by the questionnaire.

They all walked in on time to Mrs. Yoon's class. She smiled at each one of them and when she got to Mina and Chaeyoung, her smile grew bigger. "Good morning." She bowed and the girls bowed back. Chaeyoung felt something off about Mrs. Yoon. 'Was she behind all this?' Chaeyoung mentally scoffed. 'That only exists in movies.'

Mina made her way to her desk and looked at Chaeyoung who sat on hers. They both looked at each other and looked away smiling. "Whipped!" Dahyun yelled in a deep voice and acted like she didn't say anything.

+++

"Alright class. I know I said yesterday was the last day, but today's assignment requires a partner." Mrs. Yoon stated, she glanced at Chaeyoung who was looking at Mina. "You can choose your partners this time." The students quickly got out of their chairs and made way to their partner. Momo went to Dahyun and Tzuyu went to Sana.

Chaeyoung walked to Mina and pulled out the chair. "Well doesn't this feel familiar." Chaeyoung joked as she sat back. Mina smiled at her.

"Almost as if nothing happened." They both smiled at each other. On the other side of the room, Mrs. Yoon was watching them with a smile on her face. 'Everything turned out perfect.' She crossed her arms behind her. Her fingers played with some yellow glittery dust. 'A different kind of relationship but that doesn't matter.' Mrs. Yoon thought as she smiled in satisfaction.

The End.