Chapter 46

Previously on Scars of the Past -
Once upstairs again, Draco left for the bathroom, in hopes of taking a long rejuvenating bath and Harry decided to wait for him on the couch. It was then that Harry realized that they had a problem. How were they supposed to tell the Dark Lord of their findings? Dumbledore was checking every letter and fire in Hogwarts so both of those options were scraped.

Driven by a sense of urgency, Draco wasted no time. With a determined expression, he swiftly pulled up his sleeve, revealing the unmistakable Dark Mark etched into his skin. The room seemed to darken as he pressed his wand to the mark and called out for the Dark Lord. Moments later, a spectral figure materialized before them - Tom Marvolo Gaunt Slytherin Peverell, the Dark Lord himself.

Harry and Draco exchanged curious glances, wondering how the Dark Lord could apparate inside Hogwarts. Sensing their confusion, the Dark Lord explained that this was merely a projection, emphasizing that he was not physically present due to Dumbledore's strengthened wards. Draco, recognizing the gravity of the moment, knelt in a sign of respect.

However, Tom Riddle, in a surprising gesture, asked him to get up. He dismissed the need for such formalities and exchanged a knowing glance with the young wizard. Draco, nodding in acknowledgement, presented the gathered documents to the Dark Lord.

Tom Riddle carefully perused the contents, his expression betraying no hint of emotion. Despite his cold demeanour, he was visibly impressed by Draco's accomplishments. Still, he maintained a stoic facade, telling Draco that he had performed wonderfully till now and reminding him to continue his mission.

With another respectful nod, Draco watched as the projection of the Dark Lord dissipated into the air, leaving behind an air of ominous approval. The room, once charged with the presence of the powerful projection, returned to its normal state. Harry and Draco were smiling as they replayed the encounter in their head, feeling a sense of worthy accomplishment.

After the intense encounter with the projection of the Dark Lord, Harry and Draco emerged from the room with smiles that didn't go unnoticed by their friends. As they joined their companions for lunch, Dahlia and Mattheo exchanged relieved glances, recognizing that whatever had been troubling their friends seemed to have been resolved.

During the peaceful lunch, the atmosphere lightened, and it became evident that a sense of normalcy had returned. With the weight lifted from their shoulders, Harry and Draco decided that it was the perfect time to enjoy a date together. Mattheo, with a sly smirk on his face, suggested the astronomy tower as a romantic spot. His recommendation earned him a light slap on the shoulder from Dahlia, whose face turned a delicate shade of pink as memories of her own date with Mattheo at the astronomy tower resurfaced.

The friends shared a moment of laughter, realizing the shared experiences and unspoken connections that bound them together. Considering Mattheo's idea, Harry and Draco set off for their date, leaving behind the magical halls of Hogwarts for the enchanting solitude of the astronomy tower.

The soft glow of the afternoon sunbathed the astronomy tower in golden light, casting elongated shadows as Harry and Draco ascended the spiraling staircase. The scent of blooming flowers wafted through the air, adding a touch of earthy sweetness to the atmosphere. The distant sounds of the Hogwarts grounds below seemed to fade away as they reached the pinnacle of the tower.

Upon the tower's summit, Draco transfigured a piece of paper into a spell-warmed blanket, providing a cozy refuge against the chill of the air. Seated side by side, Harry and Draco took in the panoramic view of the Hogwarts castle and its sprawling grounds. The distant echoes of the Forbidden Forest added a touch of mystery to the ambience.