5.Learning

"We wanted to swim and see how good are you at it." T'sireya said for him and I nodded. "Can I join?" I asked and everyone, except A'onung and Roxto, nodded.

I went to Kiri and smiled at her. "Well done sis." She pushed my shoulder and smiled at me. "Thanks, I feel that Eywa is closer to me." I let my hands float in the water.

"I feel her too." she smiled and we dove down. T'sireya with A'onung and Roxto were swimming really fast because of their body's and tails. My siblings, except Kiri, were too slow for them.

I was with Kiri watching her so that nothing happens to her. I waved at her and pointed at T'sireya and her friends. They were signing to Neteyam, Tuk and Lo'ak.

'Swim together with us.' T'sireya signed. 'What's wrong with them?" A'onung asked in sign language. 'These guys are bad divers.' Roxto signed back. 'Stop. They're learning.' T'sireya said.

I smirked and swam to them. 'They don't know sign language.' I signed to them and pointed up.

"Are you alright?" T'sireya asked when we were up. "You're too fast, wait for us!" Tuk whined. "Just breathe." she said calmly.

"You are not good divers." A'onung said. "Maybe good at swinging trees but-" T'sireya slapped him and he laughed. "Come on bro, we don't speak this 'finger talk' we don't know what you're saying" Neteyam said. "I will teach you." T'sireya said.

"Where's Kiri?" Roxto asked and I smirked. "Kiri?" Tuk asked. "Yeah, where's Kiri?" Roxto was looking everywhere. I smiled at his concern and looked down.

"She's down there, I'm keeping an eye on her." I pointed at her and dove down. She looked at me with concern and I smirked and pointed up. I did a really simple sign that we're going somewhere else and she nodded. Then I swam up. "She'll be fine."

----

A'onung and T'sireya were doing some noises and ilu's came here. I saw the one I talked to yesterday and it swam to me. "Hey, long time no see." I smiled at it and I patted it's head. "That's A'onung's ilu, his name's Osati." T'sireya whispered with little smirk on her face.

"These are ilu's. If you want to live here, you have to ride." A'onung said and called Osati. "I'll take Lo'ak, Roxto will take Neteyam with Tuk and A'onung will be with Remika." T'sireya told us and we separated.

"Sit on him." A'onung said and I patted Osati. "Hey boy, that's me ya know? You're not gonna be bad to me like A'onung is, yea?" I asked him and he made a laughing noise. "I'll have to talk to him about it." he said and I patted him again.

I sat at him andpo
"Make the bond gently." A'onung said and I nodded. I took my braid and made a connection. "Feel his breath, feel his strength." he said and I took a deep breath. "Hold here." he showed me where and I nodded.

I smiled and started thinking of riding fast under the water. Osati started swimming fast, and faster, and faster. I was smiling. I put my legs around his torso, trying not to fall. Then I started thinking to swim up, so we can breathe. "Woho!!" I yelled and we were swimming fast on surface level.

I thought of slowing down and we slowly swimmed to others. "It's like ikran, but much, much, much easier." I went off of him and smiled. "Thanks." I did the 'I see you' thing and went to A'onung. "Not bad for your first try." he said and pointed to Neteyam and Lo'ak swimming in the ocean with our their ilu's, because they fell.

I silently laughed and looked at reef kids, who were laughing at Neteyam and Lo'ak. I splashed water at A'onung who was laughing too and he frowned. Then he started splashing me back. I ran and started swimming away from him.

I swam to a place, where Tonowari was teaching my father on some big fish with sharp teeth. 'It's called skimwing.' someone or something told me. I started to turn around, but I never found them. "Who are you?" A turned, but the voice never came back.

I shrugged and looked back at dad. Tonowari tried talking to dad about being better for him starting with ilu. But  my dad being my dad, he's got his mind, and he wanted to try it.

He started riding the skimwing. I saw him flying and he was happy about it. He loves ikrans and flying with another animal brings joy to him. But then he went underwater and I quickly swam to him. He's got his hand hurt because of him falling off of the skimwing.

"Pa!" I swam to him and smiled. "You're great warrior, you'll learn by time. Don't be ashamed, Neteyam and Lo'ak couldn't even ride an ilu." I smirked and he smiled at me.

----

We were on some rocks with T'sireya and Roxto. They were trying to teach us how to breathe. Like me and Kiri can't co it already. I smirked, but still listened to T'sireya.

She started breathing and Lo'ak was struggling. She put her hand on his tummy and told him to breathe in and out. "Lo'ak your heartbeat is fast. " she said and I smiled. "Breathe in, breathe out." Roxto and Neteyam were silently laughing and Kiri just rolled her eyes.