23. Back

I opened my eyes and saw Spider. He got off of the water and started groaning. He pulled his dad out of the water. 'But dad killed him, didn't he?' I frowned and saw them talking. "Spider, come on." he looked at him, but Spider hissed and dived under the water.

I know he is his dad, but why? Spider why would you do that thing? My vision blurred and I closed my eyes again.

~~~~

"I think something is happening to her." I heard far too recognizeable voice. "Are you dumb A'onung, she died like two months ago." I heard Neteyam's voice. Oh no, I was not away that long, wasn't I? 

"Hey, I know that you wanted to keep your family safe. I just wanted to help you. Your friends and family mourned for you and you had a really beautiful funeral. You're now under the water in Metkayna's soul tree." I heard Eywa and smiled. "How am I going to get out, if I'm dead?" I smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, you're out for like few hours, that's why you're awake. You'll be happy when you see yourself in the mirror. Nothing happened to your body, when you were under here. I took a really good care of you." she said and my brows furrowed. "Why should I be happy about my appearance?" I asked and she smirked. "You'll find out." she said and my eyes opened.

I tried to take breath, but I was still under the water. I quickly swam up and tried to float. My muscles were relaxed, but little weak. I swam to wall of the cave and smiled. Thank you Eywa. I heard someone coming my way and his behind some big rock. "Hey bro, we're going to see my mate. She died six months ago, before you were born, you know?" I heard A'onung and my heart sank.

I looked at them and smiled. He was with his little bro. He was like 5,5 month old. I lowered my head and did a little breathe in breathe out. I looked at them again and they dived under the water. A'onung took his bro's braid and pulled it to the tree of souls. Then put his own and smiled sadly before preforming tsaheylu.

I swam to them and stopped behind A'onung's back. I smiled and saw A'onung pull his braid away. He was frowning, maybe because of the thing, that he didn't see me. He pulled the baby away and turned around to swim up. His eyes winded and I smiled shyly at him. His expression softened and he immediately hugged me. We swam up together.

"Mika!" he smiled happily and took his bro to their ilu. Then he hugged me again and kissed my forehead. "Wait, how?" he looked at me and then his eyes winded again. "What?" I looked at me and then remembered what Eywa told me. "You'll be happy, if you see yourself in the mirror." I looked at A'onung and then back at my belly.

"A'onung." I breathed and looked at him with soft eyes. "Mika? What is this, why are you looking at me like that? How are you still alive?" his eyes started to water up and I looked down. "Eywa saved me. She took great care of me. For me it was 6 seconds, for you 6 months." I smiled sadly. "6 months, 2 days and 3 hours exactly right now." he said and my eyes winded. I hugged him and cried.

"This is our baby. You remember that day when we became mates?" I smirked softly. "I remember that night so bad." he smirked too and hugged me. "So this is ours." he put one of his hands on my belly. "It should be like 7 months nearly." I said and he nodded. "That means I've got only two months to prepare." I said and really swam to A'onung's ilu and took his fin. "Let's go!" I said and he smiled and shook his head.

"Not do fast my love, you're carrying my child!" he giggled and sat behind his bro. We started swimming together and I smiled. I missed it, I know it was long time and they'll be sad. I hope not too sad to believe I'm here. Because I am, and I'm stronger as ever.

....

I let go of Osati and swam by myself. We were so close to the clan and I was overwhelmed. "Hey chief, where were u?" I heard some voices talking to A'onung. Wait-what? Chief? He became chief when I wasn't there?! Oh maybe that explains his new tattoo, yeah. Wow.

I smiled and looked up from the water. He was talking to our family. "When will you stop visiting her? She's gone Nung. It only makes the pain worse when ur visiting her everyday." T'sireya said with frown. "No, not today. I haven't visited her, but she's visiting me." he smiled while he held his bro. Then he looked down at me and I got up and stood up next to him.

"Hey guys." I smiled shyly. "It's me." I looked at Kiri and she ran to me and hugged me. And then Tuk, Lo'ak, Neteyam, Mum and Dad. We shared a group family hug and I saw Kiri crying. "My beautiful baby." mum smiled at me. "I've got surprise." I giggled and they pulled apart. "What's the surprise?" Tuk asked me and I smiled.

"How, when?!" Kiri's mouth flew open. "You don't want to know." I smirked and looked at A'onung. "Baby, you're pregnant?" mum's eyes flew open. I nodded and took A'onung's hand.

"It's good for the clan, you know? If u still want to be Tsahik. You're so talented to not be." Ronal said and we hugged. "I missed you too." I smiled. "It should be 7 months old now." I said and she nodded.