22. tiempo de ir

Wonu's heart raced as he packed his belongings, a mix of nerves and happiness bubbling within him. The weight of leaving his childhood home, tainted by his toxic mother, was both daunting and liberating. Anxious anticipation filled the air, but beneath it all, a flicker of joy danced in Wonu's eyes, signaling the promise of a fresh start beyond the shadows of his troubled past.

Weeks had passed since Wonu uttered those fateful words, severing the fragile thread of communication with his disapproving mother. Silence enveloped their relationship, a heavy tension lingering in the air. Wonu, resilient but burdened by the estrangement, navigated his days with a stoic exterior, concealing the emotional toll of the unspoken conflict. The unyielding distance between them cast a palpable shadow, leaving both mother and son to grapple with the unspoken words that hung heavily in the air. Its not that its the first time this thing happened.

The moving truck was already outside & Wonu has been going back and forth to load his items with the moving workers. His mother was seating at the leaving room, pretending that nothing is happening and no one is passing by. As Wonu load his last item, he went back inside a look at his mother.

He stood infront of the house door, bowing to his mother as an act of respect. "Mom, Im going to leave now."

He knows he wont be getting an answer or even looked at but he is still going to say something.

"Mom, I hope u will always take care of urself. I know u will. Stay warm in cold weather and live ur life to the fullest. I might not be in this house but i will always be ur son. Thank u for raising me for who i am right now. U have done ur best and im proud of it. Do call me if u needed anything."

He thought he wouldnt get a reply which was wrong.

"The moment u step ur foot out of this house, u cant never come back. U are not my son. I dont have a son who does not listen to my words."

Wonu stood there, the weight of his mother's words pressing down on him like an unbearable burden. The gravity of her ultimatum echoed in his ears, and a mix of anguish and determination clouded his features. The sharp sting of rejection pierced his heart, yet within that pain, a quiet resolve flickered in Wonu's eyes. The realization that stepping away meant irrevocably severing ties with his mother sank in, leaving him with a tumultuous mix of sorrow for the shattered relationship and a newfound determination to forge his own path despite the heartbreaking ultimatum.

He went outside with a heavy heart but he knows that's for the best. Especially, for him.