28. absence

The next day, as Seungcheol waited for the elevator at work, he felt a sudden collision. Turning around, he realized he had bumped into Dino, exchanging apologetic smiles before the elevator doors opened.

"Sorry, sir."

"It's okay. Good morning." Seungcheol said.

Seungcheol hesitated, glancing at Dino with a subtle internal conflict. Finally, mustering the courage, he decided to ask about Jeonghan. "Anyways, how's Jeonghan doing?" he inquired cautiously, trying not to reveal too much curiosity.

Dino paused, his expression momentarily conflicted as he considered Seungcheol's question about Jeonghan. After a brief silence, he replied carefully, "He is still resting at home. Shua hyung probably gonna handle the situation." There was a hint of uncertainty in Dino's voice, sensing there might be more to the story.

Seungcheol caught the hesitation in Dino's response, sensing an unspoken concern. With a nod and a reassuring smile, he said, "Well, that's good." The elevator doors opened, and they both stepped in, leaving the lingering question in the air.

//

Seungcheol were on his way to have lunch when he heard few colleagues were talking about Jeonghan inside the packed elevator, well he guess it was about him.

"He took a week?"

"In the middle of us being busy, he take a leave? God, what was he thinking? With our workloads?"

"I heard he got into an accident."

"U sure? It wasnt because he is the CFO's best friend?"

"He is what?"

"He is our CFO's best friend, i also heard that he got the job and was promoted because of that."

"That's crazy."

"I dont think it was because of that. He is diligent when it comes to his work."

"Shut it, Miyeon. I know u work under him, dont sugar coat things."

Seungcheol were surprised when one of the people inside the elevator confronted the people who had just talked about Jeonghan.

In the confined space of the elevator, her demeanor remained poised and graceful, yet her eyes reflected a quiet strength. As the derogatory remarks about her boss echoed, she calmly interjected, defending her leader with eloquence and a composed resolve. She clear her throat, "Before u spread negative words about my superior, u should have known the facts first. The workloads u getting now is not because he is going to be absent, its probably because u weren't fit to do ur job. Stop blaming other people when it was u who can't seem to do ur job correctly." Her words were like a subtle force, demanding respect while exuding a magnetic charm that left the critic silenced in admiration. "Miyeon was right, he is diligent when it comes to his work. At least be like him when it comes to work, not just when it comes to stupid gossips."

Seungcheol was grateful the elevator doors is opened before things started to get intense. He catch a glance of the woman who defended Jeonghan, it was Chungha, Jeonghan's assistant.

"Miss Chungha." He called.

Chungha looked at where the sound of her named was been called, "Yes?"

"Jeonghan took a week leave?"

"From what i heard by the CFO himself." She confirms.