26. friend

Jeonghan were still silent when they reach the apartment. He went straight to his room without even saying anything towards Seungcheol and Dino.

"Sir, thank you so much. Ah, i should have went back home with him first." Dino said.

"Will he be ok? He seems to be in shocked."

"I think that would take time for him to recover. Does he hurt?"

"We already went for a checkup, the doctor said he is ok." Seungcheol said as he look thru their apartment trying to find someplace to smoke. He needs his nicotine fix.

"U need to smoke?" Dino catch Seungcheol's gesture.

Seungcheol nods.

"We dont do smoking in this house. Hannie hyung forbids that. Let's go to the car park."

Dino and Seungcheol cautiously approached the dimly lit parking lot, where Mingyu was leaning against a car, a faint trail of smoke escaping from his lips. The ambient glow of distant streetlights outlined their silhouettes as they joined him, exchanging knowing glances. Mingyu handed them cigarettes, and in the shared camaraderie of that late-night rendezvous, they formed an unspoken bond under the veil of the swirling smoke.

Seungcheol took a drag from the unlit cigarette between his fingers, eyeing Mingyu with a subtle curiosity.

Exhaling a breath, he finally asked, "What's up with you and Dino tonight?"

The soft glow of the lighter illuminated Seungcheol's face as he prepared to light his own cigarette.

"Oh about that..." Dino said.

"We kinda get in touch after the "boyfriend" thingy. Beside, he is Jihoon and Dokyeom relative. So, we are kinda friends now." Mingyu added.

"Everyone is really ur friend, huh?" Seungcheol laughs.

"Then, what's with u and Jeonghan?" Mingyu being curious.

"Oh, i happened to leave the company the same time as him. We had a short conversation before we part ways & i noticed he look nervous. As i get on the road, ive encounter an accident which turns out it was Jeonghan. He didnt even move an inch when i got there." Seungcheol explained.

"Ah about that...." Dino stutters.

"He had this some kind of driving trauma?" Mingyu wonders.

Dino took a very deep inhale from his cigarette, trying to arrange words that will go out of his mouth.

Seungcheol get a hint of gesture that the question that Mingyu have ask is somehow some private matters that makes Dino contemplate on telling strangers. Well, they are just colleagues anyways.

"It's private matter, u don't need to answer that." He said.

Dino exhale his smoke with such a relief that Seungcheol understands his side.

Mingyu scratching his head, "Sorry, I didnt mean to invade anyone's privacy. Its a habit."

"No, no. Its okay. Its just I felt that I have no place to answer that."

Before they could continue their conversation, Seungcheol phone rings.

"Joshua?"

"Sorry, I was on a business dinner just now. I had my phone on silent." Joshua stated.

"Oh, i called because Jeonghan get into a minor accident."

"Hannie what? ACCIDENT?" Joshua's voice was too loud even Dino and Mingyu can hear him without the loudspeaker.

"Where are u guys now? What had happened? Is he ok? What kind of accident?" Joshua panics.

"He is already at home. I just send him. We already went for a check up and the doctor said there are no injuries, its just seems that he is in a shock state. He was silent all the time." Seungcheol explains.

"What about his car? His insurance company? Police report?" Joshua asked.

"Ive already settled it. The only thing left is just the police report."

"I'll deal with it tomorrow. Thank u so much, Seungcheol."

"Not a problem."

"Glad u were there. Im so thankful."

"A friend once said to me, i'll be there to whoever needs a helping hand." Seungcheol ended the call and winks at Mingyu who is looking at him.

"Tell me again, the two of u are not in a relationship is it?" Dino asked.

"Me? With Choi Seungcheol?" Mingyu shrieks.

"Dont call me by my full name."

"Anyways, what makes u think like that?" Mingyu wonders.

"Just because." Dino replied.

"Im younger than him by 2 years Dino, that's why he treat me like a baby." Mingyu describe.

"Ahhh. But, u are loved by everyone." Dino said.

"Well, he deserve all the love." Seungcheol added.