16. trabajo los fines de semana.

In the quiet dawn of the weekend, Jihoon found himself reluctantly tethered to his bed, cocooned in the allure of laziness. The soft sunlight whispered promises of leisure, but duty called, and as the boss, he begrudgingly rose to navigate the intersection of responsibility and the temptation to linger in the warmth of the sheets.

"Why am i the boss?" He murmured by himself as he woke up.

With a deliberate sigh, Jihoon reluctantly surrendered to the persistent chime of the alarm. His eyelids fluttered open, revealing a subtle resistance to the encroaching daylight. The act of waking up unfolded in a gradual cascade, a symphony of stretches and yawns punctuating the silent protest against the departure from the realm of dreams. Yet, duty's call prevailed, and Jihoon embarked on the ritual of rising, a choreography of limbs untangling from the embrace of slumber. Before he could process things on his head, he heard someone approaching him loudly.

"Good morning boss, have a good Saturday!" His assistant said cheerfully.

He smiled.

"Soonyoung, it's way too early to be that loud." He yawns again.

"Fighting! U need to be energetic in order to work." Soonyoung said.

Well, what Soonyoung said is true. He can't be less energetic if he wants his employee to be in high spirit when working.

"Arent u tired that u still have to come to work even on weekends?" Jihoon said, asking as he walked to his bathroom.

"Well, it's just one weekend every peak season anyways, i can rest on the other weekend." Soonyoung replied as he organized Jihoon's work clothes on his bed.

"But, i work almost every day anyway." He added as he left Jihoon's bedroom.

Soonyoung then proceeds to Jihoon fridge and starts heating the food. That's the only thing he can do. He can't do the cooking, or else he might burn Jihoon's kitchen. He took one can of Zero Coke and put it on the table where he had already set the food for Jihoon and him.  That's not part of his job scope, but he had been doing it because he knows Jihoon wouldn't even care to eat.

Jihoon went straight to the table and started eating, and so did Soonyoung.

"What's the schedule for today?" Jihoon asked.

"As usual during peak seasons, u will have to go through tons of proposals for our franchise, new season temporary menus, marketing and engagement things -" Soonyoung said.

"Ok, that's going to be a lot of work, so, never mind." Jihoon cuts him off.

Soonyoung smiled.

"Why are u smiling?"

"I find u cute."

Jihoon chokes on his food, "Cute?"

"Yes."

Jihoon stared at him, "Saying im cute won't make me raise ur salary, Soonyoung."

"It's sincere from my heart. Besides, i dont need a raise. I have too many benefits from the company. House, car, medical & food allowances, holiday trips & tons of annual leave that i dont even take." Soonyoung described.

"Sometimes i wonder, doesn't working as an assistant make u feel suffocated? U had to manage people life schedules, then what about urs?"

"I like doing my job. Apart from getting paid well, it gives me a sense of responsibility, and working with u isn't hard. I've been working as an assistant for so long, and u are the most non annoying boss i work with. When i prepared u food, u just ate it. When i said u have to attend several meetings in a day, u did it. When i pick ur work outfit, u just wear it. U never make my job hard."

"Even when i ask for an emergency leave, u just straight up say yes without questioning. Why would i feel suffocated to have a boss like u when u don't even suffocate me?" He added.

Jihoon nods.

"Did i suffocate u, tho?" Soonyoung said as he covered his mouth with his palm.

Jihoon chuckled, "If i felt suffocated with u, i'll fired u right away."

//

Jihoon was surprised when he saw Mingyu working on a coffee shop. He thought Mingyu was really going to end his unemployed era. So, he decided to show support by buying from him. Not just that, it is also an act of giving his employees the spirit to work in the weekends cause he knows as much as he hated working on the weekends, his employees hated it more.

Soonyoung came a few minutes later after he had conversations with Mingyu, who had just delivered the drinks.

"Thank u for the treat." He said.

"It's a no big deal."

Before he could continue talking, they heard a knock from the door. Soonyoung opened to the door and saw Seungkwan holding his americano and his laptop.

"U are here for?" Soonyoung asked.

"Oh, i called him to see the progress on his marketing agenda." Jihoon answers.

"Hello, Boss. Before i start, can i say something to u?"

"Be my guest."

"I wanna thank u for buying me this drink because i love this place so much." Seungkwan stated.

"Not a problem, im just helping a friend anyway." Jihoon smiled.