Chapter 19

A/N Quick reminder, Rory is the bold text and Tristan is Italics while texting.

Hey, are we still on for the weekend?

Yep, I was planning on heading to the city after I finish work on Friday evening. Meet Saturday morning?

Oh I forgot you still had your place here!

I do, so are we doing a donut crawl? Or what would you like to do?

Can you eat that many donuts? Or will you need to stop for some fruit in the middle?

Excuse me! I am offended that you think I can't handle my donuts.

Tristan, I've seen you shirtless, I'm not sure that your body knows what to do with refined sugar.

I am going to take that as a compliment. I knew you had been after my body for years Gilmore.

I'm ignoring you. Shall we start with donuts and coffee, then see how the day progresses? Or should we just get a pile of donuts from different places delivered and we can taste test while we watch movies?

Ooo that's a good idea. How about a bit of both? We get the far away ones delivered and we can walk and pick up the others to taste test them altogether?

Sure, your place or mine?

Well I still have a roommate, you live alone, so would your place be better? No need to worry about disturbing anyone else.

That works for me. I can make sure my place is clean. I was thinking of going to the Museum of the Moving Image at some point soon, would you be at all interested in going with me?

Maybe, is there anything special going on there?

There is a Jim Henson exhibition and an ET one.

So you want to take ET to see ET?

I never thought of it like that, but yes I do!

Buzz Buzz

"COMING!" Rory shouted as she left her bedroom, walking rapidly towards the door to let in what she was assuming was another delivery person, so far there had been four arrive, and she was waiting on the last one.

"How much do I owe you?" Rory asked, opening her wallet as she pulled the door open.

"Oh you don't have enough there to cover me," Tristan said with a smirk, watching as Rory looked up in shock. "Surprise! I'm early!" he stated, watching as the shocked expression gave way to a smile. "I hope it's okay, me showing up early that is?" he asked, suddenly unsure, taking in her sweats, and the lack of makeup, as well as her expression.

Rory shook off her shock and quickly pulled him into a hug.

"No, no, it's fine, come in." Rory said, pulling him into her apartment. "I just thought you were another delivery guy was all. I wasn't expecting you yet. Sorry I'm not ready yet," she apologized, while walking back towards her bedroom. "Help yourself to some coffee," she said pointing at the steaming coffee pot. "I'll be back in five minutes, let me just finish getting ready."

"It's fine, I can entertain myself. I'm the one who showed up early, take as long as you need," Tristan said, going into the kitchen to get a coffee, opening cupboards to find the mugs.

"If the doorbell rings it is probably the delivery guy that I thought you were, there is money in my wallet to pay him, thanks," Rory shouted from her room.