Chapter Thirty One

Bold for Tristan and Italics for Rory

Hey, where did you want to go this summer?

This summer?

Yeah, sorry I'm messing this up. Would you like to go on summer vacation with me?

Just us? When?

Yes, and August?

Of course, I'd love to go with you. Would Europe be too cliche? It's not that long since I did the tour with Poppy and that covered most of North America. How long?

No, I'm good with Europe. I was thinking about three weeks. Any specific country or would you like to visit two or three of them?

Italy, Switzerland and France? Or maybe Austria or Czechia instead of France?

I like the idea of France. Monaco in summer appeals to me. Do you want me to plan it and tell you, or would you like to help plan stops? Also fly around or drive around? You picked three countries that border each other?

You can plan, I trust you, but how about you let me see the final itinerary before you book anything? If time allows I'm happy to drive between places but if we are short for time, I'm good with flying.

"I can't get over how dirty Paris was. I'm so disappointed," Rory said, as they prepared to leave their hotel room.

"I don't think I realized how dirty it was until we got to Annecy. Now I can't decide if it was actually dirty or if it is just the difference from big city to small town."

"Tristan, I live in New York. If it seems dirty to me. It's just dirty." Rory said as they exited the hotel, hand in hand, fingers loosely intertwined. "I can't get over how quaint everything is here. I feel like I am in a story book."

"I knew it had canals and things going through the town but I didn't expect to like it this much," Tristan said, as they started walking along the banks of one of the canals, looking at the pastel colored houses. "I wish we were here for more than one night."

"I know, but we had no way of knowing we would like it here so much. Let's head towards the Palais de l'Île."

"Sure, I think we timed it so the museum should be open. I know it's only some days during summer, and that's what you are hoping for." Tristan said, smiling down at her before pulling her in for a swift kiss.

"Going to that bakery- sorry boulangerie- and getting things to have a picnic here in the park was the best idea." Rory said, looking around. The park overlooked the lake, with the mountains in the background. "Everything is just so pretty, it is almost inspiring me to start writing."

"You should take some notes when we go back to the room if you are feeling inspired. I won't mind."

"No, it's okay. It's just a flightful fancy, not a real goal."

"Are you sure? I think you could write an awesome novel. You are a natural storyteller. If you ever want to, just know I support you."

"Thank you. Do you want to take a walk, and cross over to that other park, see what the views are like from the other side of the lake?"

"Yes, you read my mind." Tristan said, brushing a loose tendril of hair out of her eyes, before pulling her to her feet. With a quick check to make sure they had picked up all their stuff, and they were on their way.

"This view is amazing," Rory said, stopping on the bridge. Tristan stopped behind her and wrapped his arms around her, leaning his chin on her head.

"Did you know the legend of this bridge?"