Chapter 18

Morning! Someone at work was talking about a donut place in the city so I figured I'd pass on the recommendation to you!

Morning to you too Bible boy. So are you going to tell me the name of the place you are recommending or just taunt me with the prospect of better donuts than Dunkin?

Dunkin? What kind of sacrilege have you been committing? I thought Luke had taught you better.

Come on there is a Dunkin on my block so it wins.

So do I get that recommendation?

Sorry, you threw me off so much I forgot. It's called the donut pub, it's in the West Village. It is open 24 hrs, and apparently it's amazing.

Ok, I will try and find it tomorrow maybe. Thnx x

Okay, amazing! Thank you!

Dad said to tell you to try Demets or Anna's Hand cut donuts if you are staunchly anti Dunkin.

I'll have to try Anna's, I've been to Demets and they were awesome. Thanks Mary x

Next recommendation will be awful just for that Mary.

Aw come on, you know you love it really.

Oh yeah, like I'd love a hole in the head.

Someone hasn't had their coffee yet.

No, I was running late, my assistant has just gone to get it.

Flexing the power, nice.

You're just jealous you don't have an assistant.

It's okay, I can get my own coffee.

Stop sending me joke emails to work!

Aww come on, where's the love?

It's at my private email, not my work one! You can still send them, just not to work!

But you get them quicker when I send them to your work one!

Yes, but I will also get in trouble with IT.

Fine! Can you at least use MSN at work?

Nope! You're lucky I answer your texts at work.

You wound me Gilmore.

Suck it up ET

You know you never told me what ET stands for.

Did I not? Oh well.

Mare!

Mary!

Gilmore!

Hayden!

Rory!

Tristan! I was in a meeting with an author, calm down. Go draw an elevator shaft or something!

I know you said that as a joke but I did spend a full semester on that in college. So?

So what?

You are now being purposefully obtuse! What does ET stand for?

Wow, pulling out the big vocabulary!

Rory!

Why should I tell you? I've managed to hide it from you since we were 16.

Please?

Well it doesn't actually really apply anymore is why I am hesitant to tell you.

So it's mean?

Kinda, but at the time it was accurate. Also, I know why I have time to text through the day today. Why do you?

You pretending to read again? I got given a new project yesterday, I'm not expected to have anything to show for 6 weeks or so. I'm brainstorming.

Texting me is brainstorming?

Yep

Okay, it's more accurate again. ET = Evil Tristan!

Seriously?

Evil!

Yep. It was fitting back in Chilton, when you were torturing me everyday.

I wasn't torturing you.

Fine, trying to get my attention, whatever, it was torture.

I'll try and make it up to you.

You don't have to. We were kids. You aren't like that now. We have both grown up.

I suppose.

We are both actually friends with Paris!

True! And somehow she managed to get married before either of us!

Yeah, we really should consider taking Doyle in to be accessed.

Donut Pub the best donuts ever. Will need to try the next time you come to the city.

That good?

I need to try it the next night out at 2am, I actually think they might be better than tacos!

Strong words Mare, strong words.

Yep, next time you are in town.

I might even make a special trip. Call it a recon trip for work. Are you around next weekend?

This weekend Hartford, so next weekend should be free.

Pencil me in?

Sure thing BB

Awesome, we will have to make a list of new places to try.

I dunno, too many new things at once.

Yep, let's go find new favorites.

Trust me.

I trust you.