chapter twenty eight

What did you get yourself into?

I may have agreed to go skydiving :/

SKYDIVING?

Yes...

How? How Rory did you end up agreeing to go skydiving while you were out for supper in the hotel bar.

Well, It's Colin's fault really.

Did he hold you down and get you to sign up?

No, he just mentioned it in front of Poppy, and you know that she has been looking for something exciting to do this whole trip.

Do you want to do it?

I don't know. I don't hate the idea, scared maybe, excited?

Where are you doing it?

Somewhere between Boston and Hartford, a small airfield Colin said. They already had it arranged, they just added two on.

Do you want to see if they can add a third?

Really Tristan? You would do that for me?

Well I always wanted to skydive, and if it scores me brownie points for helping you get over your fear at the same time, then yeah.

Thank you! I will message Colin right away. Will you have any issues taking the day off?

Nope, it should be good, I've done quite a bit of overtime with you gone. And I've missed you, this means I get to see you a few days earlier.

Aww Tristan, you can be quite sweet really.

Only for you x

Tuesday morning found Rory, Poppy and Tristan all driving down from Boston together, Rory and Poppy had ditched the town car service for the day and Tristan was driving the pair in his SUV.

"So you two met at fifteen, hated each other, and now at twenty seven you are dating and all loved up?"

"I never hated her!" Tristan exclaimed.

"And I only slightly disliked him, nah I loathed you at the start of Chilton." Rory replied honestly.

"Loathed! What a strong word, my heart is breaking," Tristan cried dramatically.

"So was it a full enemies to lovers arc?" Poppy asked.

"No, it was more nine years of separation and growth I think, on my end anyway," Rory said, looking at her boyfriend. "Second chance trope, if you must relate it to one."

"I'd agree, I definitely couldn't have handled you at fifteen, I needed to grow up," he said, giving her a soft smile.

"Aww, you pair are so sweet," Poppy said wistfully from the rear of the SUV.

"Are you excited for this Poppy?" Tristan asked.

"Yes! I have always wanted to try it, but never alone and I couldn't talk anyone else into it. How many people are likely to be here today?"

"I honestly don't know. It could be just Colin and Finn or it could be a whole group of them from Yale; they used to do these kinds of things a lot back then," Rory replied as they spotted a sign for the airfield. Seeing multiple Denali SUVs parked, Rory added. "It looks like it is a group of them this time."

"Will you be okay seeing everyone?" Tristan murmured looking at his girlfriend for her reaction.

"Yep, i'll be fine, it's been years." Rory replied, as he parked.