Chapter Thirty Four

"Yes Grandma," Rory was saying into the receiver as Tristan walked into her office to go for lunch as they had planned that morning.

"Grandma, I have to go. It is the middle of the day on a Tuesday, I am in my office and I need to get back to work."

"I know that you don't appreciate my tone, but my boss would not appreciate me using my work time to plan a party."

"We told you that you and Francine can plan the engagement party and we will go along with whatever you decide, in exchange for us having the small wedding we want. The point of giving control to you was so that I would not have to answer color scheme questions."

"Okay Grandma, I really have to go, my client for my planned lunch meeting is here."

"Just send me the details, I am sure it will be fine. Bye Grandma." Rory hung up with a sigh, rolling her eyes as she set down the receiver.

"So our plan to make this easier on ourselves isn't working?" Tristan asked, walking over to her and pulling her in for a hug.

Rory rubbed her face into his chest, inhaling his familiar smell. "No, she still wants to tell me about every choice, if we hadn't asked for her help she would probably be trying to make all these decisions without telling me."

"It will be okay. Where do we want to get lunch?"

"How much time do you have?"

"I have an hour or so. Do you want the italian down the street or something from the deli and a picnic in the park?"

"Italian if that's okay with you?"

"Italian is perfect. I really wanted the chicken parm," Tristan said with a smile, pressing a kiss into Rory's hair as he released her to grab her bag.

"Another email from Emily?" Tristan asked, hearing Rory sigh over her laptop.

"This one is from Francine, it's copies of the invitations to the engagement party. They have made more than one."

"You mean more than one proof?" Tristan asked, confused, getting up to see what Rory was looking at.

"No, I mean, they are sending more than one version out," she answered, turning her laptop so he could see the screen.

Tristan was looking at them and he realized why there was more than one. A Rory Gilmore. Tristan DuGray one, A Lorelai Hayden/Tristan DuGray one, and even a Lorelai 'Rory' Gilmore Hayden/Tristan DuGray one.

"So are you coming out as heir to the few people who don't know at this party?"

"It looks like it. I hope no one is close friends with someone who gets one with a different will look like you are into polygamy." Rory said with a laugh.

"Don't even joke about that. I couldn't handle more than one of you." Tristan said, then jumped out of the way as Rory swatted at him.

"Oh baby, you know I love you. But you are just the perfect amount of trouble for me," he said, pulling her up and into his arms. He quickly pressed a kiss to her forehead before tickling her until she was in fits of giggles.

"Tristan!" she managed to squeak out between wheezy giggles.

"Just showing you I know how to handle trouble making Lorelai's," Tristan said as he picked her up and carried the laughing Rory over to the couch. "Maybe I could show you some of my other control techniques," he whispered, before capturing her lips.

"Logan, I need you to be seen at a party." Mitchum demanded the second Logan answered the phone.

"Why Hello Dad, how are you? I'm doing well. Are you busy? I am."