chapter 5: Normal?

Chapter warnings: violence and blood

Iro's pov
Holy shit ... That really was the dude from the picture... How could this be... But something seeming off about this guy... His skin is way paler then it was in that picture.

'was he sick? '
'dieing'
'lack of sun's
'or... '
Iro thought the last part would been impossible so he stopped himself before getting his mind caught off guard .

Y/N's pov:
After I had eaten , without declining any sort of food, we walked over to my bedroom but then Douma paused... What was he thinking .
"Can I sleep with you" he blurted out most likely from his thoughts.
"We just haven't seen each other in a while and I don't want to be separated again".
He looked down at you waiting for your response.
"Yeah of course! I actually think it's a good really idea"
Douma smiled and you both walked in the bedroom and cuddled each other to sleep.
(Well... One of you anyway)

Douma's pov:
I guess you could say that my excuse was true because it was but... It wasn't the main reason I wanted to sleep with Y/N like we always did as kids. Hell, I'm not even asleep right now but cuddling with Y/N just takes the hmmm.... What's the word... Oh yes anger. It takes away my anger.
Seeing Y/N with that guy made me mad but I was able to control myself with being distracted by Y/N's sickness.

How could all this have happened while I was away.

But something's... Different about her... I feel different... It's not the way she looks or acts... It's the way I think of her... Y/N's smell... She has the same smell of that woman I had on that second night... The surge... Now thinking about it the more I smell her scent the more I want to devour her ... I can't... I just can't... Great now I'm hungry...

'I've gotta get out of here before I hurt her'

And with that I ran out of the room.
The feeling of her cuddle was gone but that scent that made me hungry was gone... I was still hungry but I didn't feel the urge to kill Y/N which was most important.
So as I walked over to the cushion throne I always sat on. Followers came in the room and started to tell me their problems... I didn't care about those problems in their life but I did care about the proper meal they provided for me.

Iro's pov:
I slid open the door to find Y/N finally sleeping after the days she was sleep deprived.
Where was Douma though? I though she had went into the room with him but maybe I was wrong?
I didn't exactly care though because Y/N was finally alone and I could spend my time with her.
I layed down right next to her and fell asleep.

Douma's pov:
Those followers... Eating them made power flow though my veins once again.
Once I was done with them I picked my lips which were full of blood and then I saw the dangerous man again ... Muzan...
"You've made quite the process over this week haven't you Douma. I'm impressed with it. I've never seen a demon actually become worthy of the upper ranks with it n a week. You do have potential. "

Hearing his praises made me feel a surge of- before my thoughts could finish his nails dug into my neck and his blood started rushing through my veins once more.
This time the feel was more pleasant the harmful.
I wide grin came on my face as I felt the power grow over me.
Once he was done he then told me I had a mission and as an upper rank I was to go as soon as possible.
'upper rank? Already? '
" Lord muzan? "
" Yes Douma? "
" When a human has a scent that makes you immediately hungry and weak... Is that normal? "
" It's not normal for all humans... Those humans are rare though... Their blood type is strong enough to be about 100 regular human... We call them marechi"
'so that means Y/N was a marechi...'
" Anyway douma I have business to attend to do get the job done or their will be consequences. "
And with that he was gone.

Y/N pov:
" Douma... " I mumbled, then I woke up to see that douma wasn't there and it was just Iro.
Your eyes widened at that sight of Iro.
Where was Douma?
"Iro?"
Iro's eyes slowly opened and he gave a tired smile.
"Good morning Ms. Y/N."
"What are you doing here? Douma was here before so how are you here?"
" When I came to check on you he wasn't there " his shoulders shrugged.

Iro's pov:
'so that bastard really was here' he actually left her.how could he...so much for that picture relationship .

Memory
Hana wouldn't stop talking about this girl in the eternal paradise faith, nagging me to get on a date with her , I always shrugged it off. Until one day Hana showed me a picture of Y/N. At that moment on I always asked how she was to Hana and it hurt me when Hana said she had someone.
But a week ago when Hana said she was wrong and they were never together I took my chances and came to get my chance.

Y/Ns pov:
I got out of bed and I could already feel the difference in my eyes , they were less heavy and it felt like a relief. Iro got up with me but what didn't make sense was why douma was gone and why Iro went beside me.
"Iro? Why were you sleeping next to me?"
He shrugged his shoulders." It seemed like the right thing to do" you didn't know what to say so you stayed silent.
But then words came in your head so you said them.
"Thank you"

Authors note
Hope you guys liked it I'm sorry if I make any spelling grammar issues or if I put Y/N as Emma then don't mind it because when I right this I put my name in to get the feel so I'm sorry if I accidentally write that 😅