chapter 14: reunion

Y/N's pov
    "Douma?"
    I looked him deep in the eyes as I questioned him.
    "How did you find me?"
    "What will happen if muzan finds out?"
    "Are we gonna be in trouble?"
    Douma put his index finger to my lip to silence me and looked at me with his soft and calming eyes that I'd always loved while growing up. After a few seconds his body towered over me with a warm embrace that made me feel like melting.
     I missed the feel of his touch.
     "Don't worry about it." He said as he held me in his arms. "Why would you agree to muzan's proposal?" The warmth left my body as he pushed away.
      "I was scared..." My gaze moved down then back up towards his eyes which looked directly back into mine. "... I thought he'd kill me if I said no."
     Douma wiped a tear from my eye, a tear I hadn't even noticed.
    'I guess I really missed my best friend.'

    "You're safe Y/N, I'm not gonna let anything ever happen to you again..." His smooth words came along with a slight smirk "... You know there's no escaping me." As soon as he stopped speaking he picked you up by the waist without hesitation and spinned you around then stopped.

    "I missed you"

***

    "Y/N!" The sound of a blue eyed someone shouted from across the hall.
    "Hana!" My voice shouted back.
    I'd been walking down the halls of Douma's temple with him while we caught up, I always enjoyed it that way.
    I ran down the hall to hug Hana and so had she. The Hug was tight and lasted five seconds before she pulled away with wide eyes. "Oh my gosh I can't believe your back!" She lowered her voice slightly. "Let's just be honest, Douma isn't as fun as you." I let out a slight chuckle before Douma blurted out.
   "Hana you do realize I'm not deaf right?"
   "I know!" She said as we both giggled our hearts out like 13 years old girls when they told the others who their crushes were.
   "I just like to talk shit about that person right in front of that person's face" A bright smile appeared on her face, giving her an innocent glow.
   Douma looked straight at me then back at Hana.
   "Your lucky your Y/N's friend" He said in a more serious tone.
At that point we all let out even the slightest of laughs.

***

    When the sun went down, Douma wrapped a piece of cloth over my eyes, leaving only his hand on the small of my back to guide me, and my trust towards him.
    "Douma where the heck are you going?" 
    "It's a surprise , why do you think you have a blind fold on?" Before I knew it he slipped the blind fold off, revealing a pond with the bluest of waters and the moon shining directly over the view in the forest area, there were lotus's and many other flowers, the sight looked absolutely magical.
    "Wow" The words slipped out from my mouth.
    "Do you like it?" Douma replied then hugged me from behind and rested his chin on the top of my head.
    "It's beautiful, how'd you find this place?" My body turned and my gaze went up to him.
    " I was exploring one night and found it. It reminded me of you so I told myself I'd show it to you once I saw you again"
    My lips curved into a slight smile while Douma lowered his head to mine.
   " I love you, my little lotus."
   " I love you too." My voice trailed off as he lowered his head more and kissed me.

***

Journal entry: 5/12
I missed it here, I couldn't deny it even if I tried. Douma's here, Hana's here, all the followers id met and grew up with are here.
But there something I can't get over. I'm nauseous and tired all the time, part of me thinks I should tell Douma but I'd hate for him to worry.
Pain,
Like an ache that I need to release,
Like a grief I need to let go,
Something I can't show,
What hurts me the least,
Is when that pain keep hidden,
The exhaustion better than worry,
The nausea better than seeing the others,
Put there time to me,
I'd hate it,
So I won't tell anyone about the
Pain.