Chapter 3

Brandon

After five hours in our ER they finally bring her out of surgery. When the doctors let me into her room I almost allowed my wolf to take over. She looked so hurt, her skin was pail and she had different cords attaching her to different machines. The only thing that kept my wolf at bay was the beep from her heart beat.

"I know she looks bad but she looked much worse before. At least now she is no longer covered I blood, and all of her wounds have been stitched together." My wolf tells me.

"Yeah you're right but it still doesn't make it all better. I am going to kill every last one of those wolfs for hurting my Katie the way that they did." I Pull the chair out from the corner of the room and place it at her bed side. A knock comes to the door and I can't help the growl escape my lips.

"Alpha..." It was just the pack doctor and his mate. They both helped my mate and took extremely good care of her. I owe them everything for saving her. I regret growling at them. "We are sorry to intrude but we thought that you would like to know how your mate is."

"No don't be I am just a little on edge right now, please tell me but first let me thank you for all that you have done for my mate." They both look at me shock written all over their faces. I am a kind Alpha but one who also needs to be feared, they know the extent of my anger first hand so I am sure they are just as surprise as I am for how calm I am.

"Anything for you Alpha, we are glad that we are able to help your mate. Now your mate is human so you need to take in account of that. Healing time will take much longer and she will needed to be kept calm and out of any high stress stations for a while. So please Alpha kept the fact that you are Alpha and a wolf hidden from you mate till her is fully healed." I nod at him telling him that he can continue as well as the fact that I understand.

"Good now about your mate, Katie," His mate says "She is going to need much bed rest, she lost a lot of blood so we are going to need to keep her here for a few days after she wakes up. There were a total of 14, 3 inch nails that went into her leg. 6 went into her bone, 8 just misses her bone but barely. There is a chance that they could become infected so we will give her antibiotics. It is also important that her legs stay straight and she does little to no walking, we have a wheelchair and crutches for her to use now we-" Their pagers started to go off telling them that they where needed elsewhere.

"Go save more lives I understand what I need to do. "Without saying anything else, since they really didn't have the time, they ran out to do their job. I rest my head on Katie's cold hand trying to think about all that has happened. I decided to take a nap but my wolf became alert. My head shoots up, looking at my sweet mate only to see her in pain but my wolf felt fear. Katie is scared and I can't do anything to help her. Leaning forward placing my hand on top of hers and tacking in a deep breath.

"Katie, love I am right here, I'm right here and I am not going anywhere. I won't make the stupid mistake in leaving you again" placing a kiss on her forehead. Looking down at her she looks as if she is having a nightmare. I watch till my wolf tells me she's is fine before I fall asleep holding Katie's hand in my own.

Katie

Two Years ago

-------------------

The night air wouldn't be so bad if my clothing wasn't spoken wet from falling into the lake. A small part of me feels like it's dying, I want to go back to Brandon not go home. If father is home and awake I know he's going to beat me.

Looking up to the sky I see next to nothing. The full moon is constantly being hidden by the clouds leaving me without any light to guide me home. I am not scared to be in the dark, actually I love it just not when I try to sleep. I can't sleep in the dark.