❛𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒❜

˚˖° ˚˖° ˚˖° ˚˖° ˚˖°˚˖°

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖°⋆

˚˖° ˚˖° ˚˖° ˚˖° ˚˖°˚˖°

3rd Person POV

"Well, now that you are here, why don't you help me in choosing some dresses?" she requested, gesturing towards a selection of dresses that she held in her hands. She seemed eager to hear his opinions regarding the dresses.

"Do I look like your boyfriend or something? Ask the workers or something." he exclaimed, his voice laced with annoyance as he rolled his eyes at her request, clearly annoyed by the situation.

Hye Jin's smile vanished, and something along the lines of hurt and sadness flashed in her eyes. Her expression changed, and she looked as if she had been deeply hurt by his words. The sudden change in her demeanour caused her to look vulnerable and emotional, as she tried to deal with the pain she felt inside.

Seeing the hurt and sadness in her eyes caused his heart to tighten painfully, as the guilt and regret he felt suddenly became overwhelming. He felt as if he had done something he'd promised never to do, and the sensation was almost unbearable.

Hye Jin turned around and started to walk away, wordless and with a blank expression on her face. However, she was abruptly stopped by Rang's hand, which grasped her forearm and turned her around to face him.

She raised her eyebrows in surprise, her eyes locked on his. There was a brief silence between them as if they were both waiting for the other person to make the next move.

Clearing his throat, Rang withdrew his hand from her arm and took the dresses she held. After giving them a quick glance, he handed back a few, which she accepted with a confused and wary expression on her face.

The tension between them was palpable, and the atmosphere was heavy with unspoken emotions.

"These might look good," he said, his eyes focused on the dresses and without looking up at her. "On you." he mumbled, his voice barely louder than a whisper, almost as if he was speaking to himself.

"Ah, okay." Hye Jin responded in a soft and timid voice, turning around to head towards a nearby changing room.

She suddenly stopped and turned back to Rang, speaking with a soft and gentle tone. "You should also pick some clothing as well; we need to blend in for a month after all."

By the time Hye Jin had finished trying on the dresses Rang had also selected a few suits for himself. Wearing one of the chosen dresses, she walked out of the changing room, looking much different from her usual style but looking more fashionable.

The dress she was wearing was simple yet elegant, and it suited her very well. She found herself admiring her reflection in the mirror, and she couldn't deny that she looked good.

Rang didn't deny it, as he thought she looked good in the new outfit. The dress she was wearing was a simple and elegant style, which he had rarely seen her in when they crossed paths while she and Yeon were on missions. Her appearance was quite different from her usual style, but it still suited her.

Rang swiftly looked away when Hye Jin looked at him. Her eyes widened in realization, one that she should have gotten the second she met Rang.

She suddenly dashed forward, using her super-speed ability to grab Rang's wrist. Before he realized it, she pulled him away from the entrance of the store, dragging him with incredible speed inside one of the changing rooms.

"What are you—"

Hye Jin quickly covered his mouth with her hand and shushed him with a soft "Ssh", making it obvious that she didn't want him to make any sounds.

She leaned back and looked towards the front entrance, where she saw Yeon, along with the past/other version of Rang, as they both entered the boutique.

"How the hell did I forget about this? What to do now?" she mumbled to herself.

He pulled her hand away from his mouth, speaking in a low, whispery voice. "Can you tell me what the hell is going on here?" Rang questioned her, his tone full of confusion and frustration.

"We can't let that Rang know you exist." Hye Jin whispered to him.

"What?" Rang responded with a confused and annoyed expression, pushing her along and walking forward to look for himself. When he reached the curtain of the changing room, he pulled it away to peek out at the entrance of the boutique.

His eyes widened when he saw himself, no that can't be him but at the same time he was?

He pulled away from the curtain and turned to look at Hye Jin. "What the hell is happening?" he questioned, wanting answers.

And that's just what she did: give him the answers he needed. She quickly summarized the first encounter with the other version of Rang till now, keeping her sentences short. He looked at her with a mixture of surprise and disbelief as she filled him in on everything that had happened.

"So that's me but at the same time, not?" Rang asked, looking a bit puzzled by everything.

"That Rang is just another version of you in a different universe," she explained, causing him to raise his brow in curiosity.

"Just like we thought that I-- um, never mind." She stopped herself from saying something she shouldn't, and a look of confusion swept over Rang's face.

Before he could get a chance to ask her what she had meant, Hye Jin interrupted him with a quick reply.

"We can't have two Rang's walking around, especially when the other Rang isn't very fond of us at the moment."

"You better change your appearance." Hye Jin suggested.

"Into what?"

"I don't know, change into a random woman or a man, I don't care." she said as she peeked out the curtain.

˚˖° ˚˖° ˚˖° ˚˖° ˚˖°˚˖°

AUTHORS NOTE!

It's going to be confusing, I know. So now that Rang (21st century) will change his appearance, I'll be writing his name as Bum or something else. 😉
Of course, his features would be of a different man.

POSTED: January 18, 2024
EDITED: X
WORDS: 1040