Fake? - Yuna

Once in the colorful landscape of Hallyu High, where K-pop beats were as common as the rustling of textbooks, there was a cheerful encounter about to go down a hilarious yet romantic rabbit hole. Yuna of ITZY, the school's radiant sunbeam who could dance up a storm, was cornered by an avid admirer in the chemistry lab among beakers and Bunsen burners. Yuna, skilled in dancing but unpracticed in the art of letting down love-struck classmates gently, found herself in a compound dilemma more intricate than any molecular formula.

Enter Jaiden, known for his wit and penchant for arriving just in time-like the hero in a rom-com who leaps in front of a pie destined for the leading lady's face. As the admirer's confession reached its zenith, Jaiden waltzed in to borrow some goggles for his own experiment.

Yuna's mind whirled like a centrifuge. In a desperate act to decelerate the situation, she latched onto the first solution that bubbled to the surface. "Jaiden!" she exclaimed, as though he were the long-awaited catalyst in an overdue reaction, "there you are, my boyfriend!"

Jaiden, goggles in hand, did a double-take worthy of a silent film star. Boyfriend? The news hitched a ride on the electrons jumping around the lab and quickly turned into the school's hottest gossip-Jaiden and Yuna, a hot new couple?

The rumor spread through Hallyu High faster than a catchy chorus, snaking its way through corridors until it reached the keen ears of Yujin of IVE, detective-in-training and the school's unofficial truth-seeker. Yujin, sensing a mystery tinged with the scent of façade rather than pheromones, decided to take action. Her suspicions as to the authenticity of this sudden romance bloomed like a plot twist in a K-drama episode.

To save face and save themselves from the escalating chaos, Jaiden and Yuna realized the act must go on. Like two idols learning a dance routine, they synchronized their steps, forging couple moments that were part Instagram-worthy, part slapstick brilliance. Sharing earbuds split from a single phone, they bickered over song choices with the choreography of old sitcom stars. They even engineered a romantic lunch scene where a spaghetti strand led them to almost a "Lady and the Tramp" moment but ended in a saucy-nosed giggle.

As Yujin watched these scenes unfold with a detective's scrutiny, she found herself entangled in the performance. It was folly, it was farce, but there was an undeniable harmony in their interactions, a melody that perhaps didn't start in reality but echoed pleasantly enough to make her doubt her suspicions.

But the truth of a convincing façade is the inevitability of the final curtain call. As Yuna and Jaiden, the reluctant Romeo and Juliet, cooked up a storm of 'couple moments,' something peculiar happened. Laughter turned genuine, shared awkwardness blossomed into inside jokes, and staging affection made them unwittingly slip into the comfortable rhythms of a relationship.

One late afternoon, as the golden light spilled across the school yard, Jaiden turned to Yuna. "You know, we're pretty good at this," he said, a hint of genuine affection coloring his voice.

Yuna, caught in the twilight glow, smiled. "Yeah, we are," she mused, the laughter in her eyes reaching the usual calmness of her heart.

From the eaves of an open window, Yujin the detective took in the scene-two young hearts fumbling their way through a script that fate had tossed at them, turning lines into something resembling truth. With a nod of contentment, she closed her case. The relationship might have been born of necessity, but sometimes the best stories begin with a little improvisation.

And so, Jaiden and Yuna continued their 'fake' romance, attracting curious glances and whispers that buzzed like refrains in a K-pop hit. But amidst the choreographed chaos, they found something oddly sincere-because even in a crowd chasing the perfect melody, a harmony of laughter can sometimes lead to the sweetest song.