Regret - Mina

In the heart of Seoul, under the luminous city lights, Jaiden, a charismatic photographer, and Mina, a member of the popular girl group Twice, lived parallel lives woven with deceptions of their own making.

Jaiden’s camera captured the joys of life, but his smile never reached his eyes. In the elite circles where he mingled, Jaiden played the part of the carefree artist, hiding his loneliness behind a lens that never blinked.

Mina danced under the spotlight, enchanting fans with her every move. Yet, within her, she harbored a secret sorrow. She portrayed the image of a diva in love with the stage while her heart yearned for a simple life away from the cheers and the fame.

Their paths crossed in a scheduled photoshoot, where pretense was the currency of communication.

"Beautiful," Jaiden would remark after each click, but his mind wasn't marvelling at the shoot, but at Mina's unfeigned passion for dance.

Mina, catching his gaze, would offer a practiced smile, yet her soul recognized a kindred spirit in his solemn eyes.

As the days turned to months, their casual interactions deepened. Conversations lingered, filled with truths they hid from the world.

"Why do you always seem like you’re searching for something?" Mina asked one evening as they reviewed photos together.

Jaiden's hands paused, a softness in his voice. "Maybe I am. Maybe we all are. Isn’t that why we wear these masks?"

Mina looked at him, truly looked at him. "I’m tired, Jaiden. Tired of performing on and off the stage."

He took her hand, his fingers firm yet gentle. "We all want to be loved for who we truly are, not for the lies we live."

The silence that followed was pregnant with unspoken dreams and the realization that acceptance often begins within.

Yet, fear has a cruel way of clouding judgment. They retreated back to the familiarity of their lies, leaving their budding love unspoken, each returning to a life that dimmed their essence.

Jaiden photographed smiling faces, neglecting the tears his own eyes shed in the solitude of his studio. Mina sang of love and freedom, her own spirit shackled by the expectations of fame.

Years trickled by, with the memory of their connection buried like forgotten treasure. But destiny when woven by the threads of genuine affection, tangles in ways that time cannot unwind.

On a autumn day, where nostalgia hung heavily in the air, Mina stepped away from the limelight, announcing an indefinite hiatus. Jaiden, who had become a recluse in his own world of monochrome, caught the news like a leaf caught in a whirlwind.

Without hesitation, he found himself at the steps of the quiet suburban home where Mina sought refuge.

"Why now?" Jaiden inquired, his voice finding the courage it had once lost.

Mina’s eyes, no longer weighed down by heavy makeup or hidden behind a facade, met his. "Because I want to live in a story where I’m not pretending, even if that means rewriting the last chapter completely," she whispered.

Jaiden reached out, his hand a perfect fit in hers. "Then let’s write a new story—"

"—Together," Mina finished, her voice as tender as the hope that blossomed between them.

In choosing each other, Jaiden and Mina unraveled the lies of their past. They embraced a future not as icons carved by society's expectations but as two souls bound by a love that refused to be a regret.