A Night To Remember - Yujin

Jaiden, a man who believed his wallet was as endearing as his personality, met Yujin, a street-smart girl from the band Ive, under the unlikely roof of a charity masquerade that promised "A Night to Remember." Indeed, for them, it was.

"Don't take this the wrong way," Jaiden leaned against the marble pillar, champagne in hand, "but I didn't expect to see a band member among high society."

Yujin, smirking behind her ornate mask, replied, "Well, I didn't expect high society to be so high on themselves. Yet, here you are."

Jaiden chuckled, "Ouch. You're sharper than the suits in this room."

"Better sharp than dull," Yujin quipped, plucking a glass of water from a passing waiter's tray. "So, are you going to woo me with your bank statements or your dance moves?"

The challenge hung in the air, sparkling like the chandelier above. Jaiden, never one to shy away from a dare, offered his hand. "Shall we?"

As they danced, the rest of the masked figures seemed to fade away. Laughter and light steps created their own private ball, enchanting and ephemeral.

"Admit it,” Yujin panted between laughs, the fast music slowing down, “You're not as stiff as your tuxedo suggests."

"And you're not as elusive as that mystery mask implies," Jaiden teased back, both of them sharing a moment of genuine connection, unexpected and delightful.

But as all fairy tales dictate, as the clock ticked closer to midnight, they parted ways with a final jest and a shared secret smile.

Years later, in two different homes, the tale lived on.

Jaiden, surrounded by wide-eyed grandchildren, recounted, "Kids, I once met a girl who could outdance a shooting star and outwit a fox."

"Did you marry her, grandpa?" the youngest grandchild asked, eyes sparkling with the possibility of a happily-ever-after.

Jaiden chuckled and ruffled the child's hair. "No, my dear. Sometimes, a perfect night is just a chapter, not the whole story."

Meanwhile, Yujin sat with her own set of grandchildren, strumming an old guitar. "There was once a man with pockets deeper than the ocean but with a heart that stood a chance against a storm."

"Is that the man you loved, granny?" a grandchild asked, clinging to her every word.

She smiled, her eyes glinting with the memories of that night. "Loved? No, but we shared a dance that I'll never forget. Even the grandest ships eventually part ways, but they leave ripples in the water."

And both Jaiden and Yujin finished their tales with the same moral, "Some people are destined to become grand tales, a night to remember, rather than a life spent together. And that, my little ones, is a romance all on its own."