Reunited Hearts - Yujin

Jaiden and Yujin were inseparable as kids, always found playing together in the park or causing mischief around their neighborhood. However, life took them in different directions when Yujin’s family moved away, and they lost touch over the years.

Ten years later, Jaiden was walking through the crowded streets of his college town, lost in thought, when he heard a familiar voice calling his name.

“Jaiden? Is that you?” Yujin asked, her voice tinged with disbelief.

Jaiden turned around and saw Yujin standing there, her eyes wide with surprise. He blinked a few times, not believing his eyes.

“Yujin? Wow, it’s been so long!” Jaiden exclaimed, his face breaking into a wide grin.

Yujin smiled, her eyes sparkling. “I can’t believe it’s really you. How have you been?”

“I’ve been good, just busy with school. What about you? What brings you here?” Jaiden asked, still trying to wrap his head around the coincidence.

“I’m studying here now. We moved back to the city, and I got into the same college,” Yujin explained, excitement evident in her voice.

“That’s amazing! We should definitely catch up. How about coffee?” Jaiden suggested.

“Sounds perfect,” Yujin agreed.

They found a cozy café nearby and spent hours reminiscing about their childhood and catching up on the years they missed. As they talked, Jaiden realized how much he had missed Yujin’s presence in his life. Her laughter, her warmth, and her kindness all felt familiar yet new.

“So, remember when we used to climb that big tree in the park?” Yujin asked, chuckling.

“Of course! I still have a scar on my knee from falling off it,” Jaiden said, laughing along.

“You always were the adventurous one,” Yujin teased, her eyes softening as she looked at him.

“And you were always the sensible one, making sure I didn’t get into too much trouble,” Jaiden replied, smiling.

As the weeks passed, Jaiden and Yujin started spending more time together. They studied together, explored the town, and even went on late-night food hunts. The bond they once had as children quickly rekindled, but now, it felt deeper and more significant.

One evening, after a particularly long day of classes, they decided to take a walk by the lake on campus. The moonlight reflected off the water, creating a serene and romantic atmosphere.

“Jaiden, do you ever think about the past? About how things might have been if we hadn’t lost touch?” Yujin asked softly, her eyes fixed on the lake.

“Yeah, I do. A lot, actually. I missed you, Yujin. More than I realized,” Jaiden admitted, his heart pounding.

“I missed you too. It feels like fate brought us back together,” Yujin said, turning to face him.

Jaiden took a deep breath, gathering his courage. “Yujin, there’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you.”

“What is it?” Yujin asked, her heart racing.

“I think I’ve always had feelings for you. Even as kids, you were always special to me. And now, spending time with you again, those feelings have only grown stronger,” Jaiden confessed, his eyes searching hers for a reaction.

Yujin’s eyes widened with surprise and joy. “Jaiden, I feel the same way. I’ve always cared about you, and seeing you again has made me realize just how much.”

Jaiden smiled, relief and happiness washing over him. “So, what do we do now?”

Yujin stepped closer, her hand finding his. “I think we should give this a chance. See where it takes us.”

Jaiden gently pulled her into his arms, their hearts beating in unison. “I’d like that, Yujin. A lot.”

As they stood by the lake, wrapped in each other’s embrace, they knew that their childhood bond had blossomed into something beautiful and enduring. They were no longer just childhood friends; they were two hearts that had found their way back to each other, ready to start a new chapter together.

---

A few months later, Jaiden and Yujin’s relationship had only grown stronger. They were virtually inseparable, their bond deepening with each passing day. One day, as they were lounging in Jaiden’s apartment, Yujin seemed unusually quiet.

“Yujin, is everything okay?” Jaiden asked, concern evident in his voice.

“Jaiden, there’s something I need to tell you,” Yujin said, her tone serious.

“What is it?” Jaiden asked, his heart starting to race.

Yujin took a deep breath. “I’m pregnant.”

Jaiden’s eyes widened in shock. “Pregnant? But how…?”

Yujin looked down, her cheeks flushing. “Do you remember the party a few months ago, before we officially started dating? We both had a little too much to drink…”

Jaiden’s mind raced back to that night. He remembered the party, the drinks, and how they had ended up together. “Oh my God, Yujin. I… I had no idea.”

Yujin smiled nervously. “Neither did I, until recently. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner.”

Jaiden took her hands in his, his expression softening. “Yujin, this is a surprise, but it’s not a bad one. We’ll figure this out together.”

“Really?” Yujin asked, her eyes filling with tears of relief.

“Really,” Jaiden said firmly. “We’ve always been there for each other, and this is no different. We’ll be okay.”

As they sat together, Jaiden’s hand resting protectively on Yujin’s stomach, they both realized that their love had grown into something far greater than either of them had ever imagined. They were ready to face this new adventure together, as partners, best friends, and soon-to-be parents.