Chapter 42: Eomma

"Sunshine, come here so that I can get you dressed." Taehyung lovingly lifts his sleepy pup in his arms.

"I am so sorry, Pup." Jungkook sighs as he watches his mate dress Hoseok.

"Hyung, it is okay. They changed your flight. There is nothing to apologize about." Taehyung softly responds to his stressed mate as Jungkook stands next to his suitcase.

"Getting them ready by yourself, getting Sunshine to school, and then getting to your shop by yourself is not easy. I hate that I have to leave right now." Jungkook growls and considers canceling his flight.

"Hyung, do you know how many mothers have to get their children ready for the day by themselves almost every single day?" Taehyung softly asks his mate, walking over to him to hug him.

"But, we're mates. We take care of our pups together. I should cancel my flight." Jungkook huffs and prepares to call Namjoon to cancel the flight.

"No. Go. You need to go. As a compromise, can you come home sooner?" Taehyung asks with big eyes as he looks up at his alpha.

"Of course, I can come home sooner. I will definitely come home sooner." Jungkook responds with a big smile.

"Perfect. Now go, my sweet Alpha." Taehyung purrs and gently pushes his mate to the front door.

"Call me anytime you want. Link me anytime you want." Jungkook tells his mate as he opens the door.

"The same goes for you." Taehyung gets onto his toes and softly kisses his mate goodbye. "I will miss you."

"I will miss you too." Jungkook whispers and wraps his arms around his mate.

Once Jungkook begrudgingly leaves, Taehyung returns to the nursery and finds Hoseok asleep on the floor with one sock on. He softly smiles as he gets his sleepy pup ready for the day. As Taehyung places Hoseok at the breakfast table, Jimin calls out to him from his crib. Taehyung quickly rushes into the nursery and picks up his toddler.

"Are you hungry, Moon?" Taehyung coos and lovingly kisses his pup's forehead.

"Yes!" Jimin squeals and hugs his omega parent.

Taehyung sets Jimin in the booster seat and then places fruits and yogurt in front of him. As his pups eat, Taehyung packs Hoseok's lunch that Jungkook made for him. Jungkook prepped enough lunches for Hoseok until he returned.

Once they are ready to leave, Taehyung grabs the car keys and leaves the condo with his pups walking on each side, holding his hands. As they walk into the parking garage, they look just like a celebrity's family with their caps and masks on. Taehyung's black hair pokes out from beneath his white cap as he scans the parking garage to make sure no paparazzi or fans are in the vicinity. Once he is sure the coast is clear, he guides his pups to the car and gets them buckled up. He lowers his mask and pecks both of their foreheads before getting into the driver's seat.

The drive to Hoseok's school is quiet as Jimin and Hoseok sleep. Taehyung plays soft music and pays extra attention to the road because his precious pups are in the back seat. When a delivery truck cuts out in front of him, Taehyung curses under his breath and lays on the horn. He is furious that someone would endanger his pups this early in the morning.

"Eomma, is it okay?" Hoseok asks when he hears his omega parent lay on the horn.

"Everything is okay. Don't worry." Taehyung softly smiles at his son through the rearview mirror. When he sees that Hoseok is holding Jimin's hand, warmth spreads through his chest.

As Taehyung parks his car in the school parking lot, a beta officer approaches him to make sure he and his pups make it across the parking lot safely. Taehyung thanked the officer as they crossed the parking lot.