Chapter 1: The Spectra

I came upon a large rock and I decided to sit down and wait. I started mentally searching around for Tennon, only to find nothing.

Chris: "We should head towards the nearest Siege base."

I stood up and ran off, leaving Chrimsa behind where she was trying to keep up with me but my speed soon left her behind. I noticed she was failing to keep up and I went back to try and help her.

Chris: "It would seem I'm a lot faster now than before, probably an augmentation from Enzon."

Chrimsa: "How am I supposed to keep up when you are way too fast?"

Chris: "How should I know? Wait, I'll carry you."

I Picked her up and we continued down the desert.

Enzon: "I can still talk to you, you know. You don't have to phase me out!"

Chris: "How? I thought you were combined with me?"

Enzon: "I am, but we can still communicate as two separate entities. Also, you can use any of my abilities, including my teleport which is much faster than running. If we only have a limited amount of time then that would be the best bet."

Chris: "That's true. Hold on tight, Chrimsa."

I stood still and concentrated on my destination; the nearest Siege base and I imagined my body traveling at light speed to it and the teleportation field surrounded me. It looked like a bubble and it distorted everything else outside of the bubble, making it look like it was some kind of liquid outside. I saw the building come straight at me and then stop right in front of me, then the bubble disappeared and I was at the entrance to the Siege base.

Guards: "Halt! Where did you come from?"

Chris: "Don't make me laugh."

I put Chrimsa down and started to walk inside but was stopped by the guards.

Chris: "Let me through!"

Guards: "I can't do that until you identify yourself!"

Chris: "You know who I am! Let me through!"

Enzon: "Careful, Chris. This power is enough to drive anyone into evil. You need to learn how to control it."

I realized what I was doing and I took a few deep breaths, calming myself down. As I got calmer, my body started to weaken and I reverted back into my normal state, a state that the guards recognized me in.

Chris: "Please, let me in. We don't have much time."

The guards let their guns down and turned the force field off. Chrimsa and I entered the building and went down into the meeting chamber on the fifty-third basement in the alpha wing of the building. The general had assembled his captains to hear the information. Kate and John were there too.

Chris: "Now then, we have only a few hours to prepare, but I have been informed that an army of Spheres are on their way here to earth. One such Sphere is already here. His name is Tennon and he is said to be hiding somewhere, presumably close, waiting for the right moment to strike. Unfortunately we may never know where or when that strike will take place."

John: "Do we know how powerful it is then?"

Chris: "We do not, however we know that it is at least as powerful as Jack has become, maybe more. Either way I am powerful enough now to combat him, but not if he surprise attacks me. I need to know when he will strike before he does or the earth will very likely be taken over by the coming Sphere army. Here is what you all must do. Help me collect information that I will need to know when Tennon will attack and locate any unique power ups for me to use."

Kate: "Chris, be careful. I don't want to see you get hurt."

John: "Yeah, same here."

Chris: "I will. Trust me, I won't engage Tennon until I'm ready."

With that I left the Siege base in search of something that can help me overcome the new threat.

I found a random suit upgrade in the desert, already drained of all power. I was hit from behind and knocked back about twenty feet. I rode to my feet and turned around, only to see a shining green man standing there, emerald eyes fixed on me.

Emera: "You need to learn how to keep out of other people's business."

He charged at me and I dodged. I buffed up my power and grew about three feet in size. I charged at him and he tried to block but I broke through easily and knocked him into the sky. I jumped after him, activating my Talons. I spun sideways, gathering kinetic energy and power. I held my arms out and ripped through his skin as he turned to dust. I landed on one knee, making a small crater in the sand. I stood up and heard laughing come from behind me. I turned around and saw green dust gathering and reforming the emerald man.

Emera: "Did you really think that I could be killed that easily? I am fueled by the color in the light and as long as there is light, I will be able to regenerate!"

Chrimsa came into my field of view, behind Emera. I waited as she was right behind him.

Chris: "NOW!"

She grabbed him and I thrust my talons straight into his chest. No blood came out, instead it was just green dust. Chrimsa then turned to dust and entered Emera's chest, being absorbed by him, or absorbing him, I couldn't tell. I took a few steps back and a flash of light blinded me. I covered my eyes for a second and when I opened them again, I saw a black and gold figure standing there, neither male nor female. His, or her, hair was black, with a red and green stripe. It covered the new figure's face. Their clothes were glowing gold, with swirling black accents moving around its body.

Aurelian: "Hello, My name is Aurelian. This feeling is strange. It's not every day that a new color is created. I wonder what kind of power I have."

Chris: "Wait, are you man or woman? And isn't your name supposed to be something about the color you are?"

Aurelian: "Yes, and yes it is. I am both male and female, and Aurelian is my color."

Chris: "But, you are golden, shouldn't your name be something like 'goldy'?"

Aurelian: "That's what my name is; golden."

Chris: "...and what should I call you? Sir or ma'am?"

Aurelian: "Either will work, I guess. I don't know. Color doesn't have gender."

Chris: "But when you were still Chrimsa you were female, and Emera was male. Is that why you are neither?"

Aurelian: "I guess it is but I was never female or male. Despite my outward appearance as such, I had lacked a true gender. My people, the Spectra, do not worry about such trivial things."

Aurelian turned to dust and started moving at an incredible speed, a speed that would put my running speed to shame if I didn't have Enzon's augmentation. He came back to me and the dust gathered to recreate his form. He started laughing.

Aurelian: "Oh yes! I'm going to enjoy this!"

Chris: "Having fun?"

I debuffed my power, transforming back into my normal form.

Aurelian: "Yes actually. Now shall we go beat up some bad guys?"

Enzon: "You know, Chris, you really should go test your new power on something you have never fought before."

Chris: "I know just the thing; Scorpions."

Aurelian and I traveled to Scorpion Crevasse.