Chapter 2: Succumbing Entities

I arrive first at Scorpion Crevasse, along with Aurelian. I entered without stealth, which immediately alarmed the scorpions, who proceeded to attack. I blocked their tails easy enough but their claws ripped straight through my armor and grazed my skin underneath.

Chris:"Damn! They're still too powerful!"

Aurelian kept his distance while I fought, and rightfully so. I used the vines on the walls as spears and pierced one of the scorpion's heads. I then saw something odd; the other scorpions laid down on the ground and grew armor, right there in front of me! I grabbed one of them,absorbing it's armor and claws. The claws in my suit now were different; unlike the Talons, they were meant for combat only,whereas the Talons are for combat AND hacking computer systems. The suit's User Interface called them 'Death Claws'. They were much more powerful than the Talons.

The other scorpion rose up out of the ground, immediately thrusting it's tail at me at full speed. It extended past it's previous range and almost hit me, but I had managed to dodge it. I hit it with one of the Claws and it's armor fractured. It then jumped up onto one of the cliff-faces and ran off. Aurelian came down after that.

Aurelian:"Bravo, Chris! Truly a show of raw power!"

Chris:"That was nothing. It's funny, they seemed like such a threat before but now? I could take on an entire army of them! I wasn't even at my full potential in that fight. I didn't need Enzon's power!"

Enzon:"It would seem as though you have grown truly powerful, Chris."

Just after he said that, a flash of light and a roar of thunder broke through the sky. A meteor came crashing down, hitting somewhere within the mountains. When it impacted, I saw it leave a gaping hole in the peak of one mountain, causing the rock to topple over.

Chris:"Holy shit! That was close!"

Enzon:"Yes it was. If it hit any closer than that it would have killed us!"

Aurelian:"Yes it was close. Maybe we should see where it landed?"

Chris:"Good Idea. Let's go!"

We traveled as fast as we could to the mountains, where the crater lie in wait. Most of the rock of the meteor had burnt up or broken away by the mountain it hit. Nonetheless the crater was massive! The only thing left of the meteor was a small lump of rock. We slid down to the rock.

Aurelian:"This is all that's left?"

Chris:"Yes, but it should be a little bigger than this. What do you think, Enzon?"

Enzon:"..."

Chris:"Enzon?"

Enzon:"...it... it can't be."

A sharp pain flew up my body as I tapped into Enzon's power. I started shaking in fear when I sensed what Enzon sensed.

Chris:"No! Not this early! I'm not ready!"

Aurelian:"What's wrong?"

The rock began to break away, revealing a white shell underneath. I started trembling as Enzon was. I was frozen, unable to move from shock. It was HIM.

Chris:"It's Tennon!"