Chapter 12: The Invasion

Isaw Enzon teleport to my location a few feet away. He walks towardsme, smiling.

Enzon:"That was amazing! I knew you were powerful, but I had no clue justhow powerful you were! You may not need my help with Tennon afterall."

Chris:"If Tennon is as powerful as you say he is, I would rather not takeany chances."

Enzon:"Well then, what do you say to another joining?"

Iheld my hand up and open.

Chris:"I once again accept you into my body as a joined entity."

Hetook my hand into his own and the joining began again. I felt the icecold Sphere once again moving through my veins and through my body.Once we were joined again I started for the Siege base where Katewas.

Iwalked into the base, which seemed understaffed compared to its norm.A guard walked over to me.

Guard:"Miss Thompson has been expecting you, sir."

Chris:"Where is she? And for that matter, where is everyone else?"

Guard:"Everyone's in a meeting in the auditorium. I was instructed towait here for you and then to lead you there."

Chris:"There's an auditorium?"

Theguard smiled and then started down a hallway. I followed him until wemet up with a double door.

Guard:"Here we are. I'm not authorized to be inside, but since you havetop-level clearance, I'm sure you can take things from here."

Chris:"Thanks. I won't keep you any longer."

Ichuckled a little as I opened the door to the auditorium which waspacked full of guards and high ranking officers. Kate was on stageand she signaled to me to join her. Without thinking, I moveddirectly toward her. My feet left the floor and glided along throughthe air. Once I landed on the stage I noticed everybody was staringat me, including Kate.

Kate:"Chris, you can fly?!"

Chris:"What?"

Ilooked around the room, realizing what just happened.

Enzon:"Where did you learn how to do that? That wasn't one of my powers."

Chris:"I... I guess I have always had that power."

Mymind lurched as I suddenly remembered something from my past, a blastof some kind. It had immense power to it, and seemed to destroy a lotof the things that stood in its path. Once the memory had faded Ilooked back at Kate, who was asking me if I was alright.