Chapter 17: Twisted Dimensions

Iarrived at South Forest to see that it was already formed, whichmeant the portal to South was already active. The forest haddisappeared before, so it's reopening was a bad thing. Nonetheless Iapproached its entrance with caution. As I did, I saw a very badlywounded, and nearly dead, Kessler stumble out of it.

Kessler:"Help! Run!"

Chris:"Why should I help you? You tried to kill me last time I was inSouth."

Kessler:"All I want is to be left alone, but because of your antics here inNorth, every enemy you have ever faced has come to me for achallenge. As you gain your power, mine diminishes. The differencehas finally caught up to me and unless you help me we will both die!"

Ilooked up to the entrance to South to see a war ax appear and startflying towards Kessler and I. I grabbed him and threw us both out ofthe way.

Chris:"What the hell was that?"

Kessler:"The Siren's Ax!"

Chris:"The Siren? Sounds like an Equinox, but no Equinox I have heardof..."

Kessler:"Not Equinox, our race is called The Paradox. Your version of TheSiren would be The Banshee."

Chris:"Wait, I fought The Banshee before and won, that means I can winagainst this Siren."

Kessler:"That was this reality, mine is reversed. Your power would onlyequal that of The Siren, if not be less."

Isaw a woman with crimson-colored armor walk out of the forest. Istood up and told Kessler to stay put. I then summoned power from theplanet through lightning and confronted The Siren.

Siren:"I have no quarrel with you, Lithian."

Chris:"In case you hadn't noticed, the one standing beside me is my otherhalf. If he dies, so do I and so any fight with him is a fight withme. From the look of things I would say I'm much more powerful thanhe is now..."

Ilooked back at Kessler.

Chris:"...no offense intended."

Kessler:"None taken, your observations are correct anyway."

Iturned back to The Siren.

Chris:"...so you are in for a good fight with me."

Siren:"Very well. Just remember that I'm also more powerful than mycounterpart from this world."

Shedrew her war ax from the ground and raised it pointed towards theentrance to South Forest. A red bolt of lightning struck her crimsonhammer and a red shockwave of electricity moved throughout her body.She started towards me and I saw her attack coming a mile away. Shehad the exact same form that The Banshee had and so I blocked everysingle attack. I grabbed her ax by the handle and gripped it rightout of her hands. I then kicked her away from me and snapped the axin half, effectively rendering it useless. I threw the bottom of thehilt at her first. She blocked it and I then threw the hilt with theblade at her. It hit her and knocked her back. She stood up andre-summoned her weapon.