Learning The Truth About Each Other

Azula

My body was filled with nerves as my laptop sat in my lap. I knew I wanted to talk to him. I've wanted to talk to him since all of this started but didn't because of his work. He was busy right now and I have no idea when he'll have a break. Heck, I don't even know his real name so I can look for him.

All I want is a small piece of normality again. I want him to tell me that everything will be alright and that I'm not alone but can I? If I tell him what's going on he'll know I'm an actual princess. Will he think differently of me? Will he be intimidated by me because of my status?

You'll never know unless you try. It doesn't have to be everything right now.

Slowly I opened the laptop, logged into the chatroom, and started talking.

Me: H Hi

Water Warrior: You don't usually stutter is everything ok?

He answered

Me: I wasn't sure if you'd answer or not. I know your busy

Water Warrior: I might be busy but I'll always have time for you

I let out a shaky breath

Me: I need to talk to you

Water Warrior: Are you ok?

Me: No, I haven't been ok for a few days

Water Warrior: Tell me what's going on princess

Me: Someones trying to kill me

Water Warrior: Do you know who?

Me: No and what's worse I don't think my fathers doing anything to find out who he is. He won't tell me or my brother anything

Water Warrior: Is there anything he has done

Me: The only thing he's done is hire me a bodyguard

Water Warrior: Is he any good?

Me: Yes, if I'm being honest he's a better fighter than any of the royal guards

Water Warrior: Royal Guard. So Fire Princess isn't just a username

Me: No, I'm the princess of Phoniex. I'm sorry I never told you it's just I have to be careful of who I let around me

Water Warrior; Am I someone you would want around you?

Me: Yes, your the only person I want to see right now besides my brother

Water Warrior: Princess

Me: Please, I'm scared every single day. I can't even leave my room because I'm too afraid of someone kidnapping me so they can torture me slowly as a way of killing me. It's bad enough I have my father to worry about

Water Warrior: What do you mean by that?

Me: Come see me

Sokka

I stared at my phone not knowing what to do. I knew by accepting this that I would be getting closer to completing my mission but I didn't want to do it at the cost of her trust.

Azula. All this time it was Azula

Part of my was happy, I finally knew who the girl was that I'd been talking to for years but the other half of me was terrified. Since meeting her in person all I've done is lie to her. The main reason I'm here is so I can kill her father. Spending time with her wasn't even on my mind but now it is.

All I want to do now is forget about the mission and get to know her. I don't care about the consequences of abandoning my mission, I care about keeping her safe but will she want me to after I tell her everything? Will she still want to get close to me once she knows who I am?

I took a deep breath and replied.

Me: Meet me in the royal library

Fire Princess: How do you know where it is?

Me: There are things I need to tell you as well

I made my way to the royal library as fast as I could and went hide behind a bookshelf that was far away from the main area of the library and was out of sight of the cameras. The doors opened followed by her heels clicking on the hardwood floor as she walked around.

"Water Warrior"?

It's now or never

"Back here Princess Azula".

I took in a deep breath as the sound of her heels came closer and closer to where I was. When I heard them near the corner, I looked up to face her. Her eyes held a mixture of confusion and terror in them. I didn't blame her she had no reason to trust me right now.

"S Sokka"? "Hi, Your Highness". "I don't understand, your Water Warrior"? "I am and if you give me the chance I'd like to explain everything that's going on. I know you're scared and the last thing I want is to scare you even nore".

She looked at me unsure. "This better be good". "For starters, my name isn't Sokka Mizuno it's Sokka Mizutani. My parents are Hakoda and Kya Mizutani the king and queen of Ocean Kingdom, they were killed when I was ten. For the past ten years, I've been living at a spy agency where I was trained to be an assassin along with Katara.

It wasn't our choice to go there our grandmother sent us, she's the current queen until it's time for me to take the throne. The real reason I'm here is to eliminate your father".

"Did you know who I was the whole time"? "No, I had no idea you were an actually princess while talking to you nor did I know you were the princess of Phoniex, if I had I would have never accepted this assignment". She looked down. "Is everything you said true"?

"Yes, I truly do care about you Azula". She looked down. "I've needed you". She whispered. I stepped closer taking her hands in mine. "I know and since seeing you in person all I've wanted to do was hold you in my arms but knew I couldn't".

"I don't care what my father thinks about seeing you with me it's not like I'm heir to the throne or anything special". "Don't say that. You are special, you're special to me".

"Do you remember our conversation from earlier"? "I do but I would love to know what you meant by that if you're comfortable enough with telling me". "My father doesn't care about us. He only cares about having a strong bloodline like my grandfather did. Zuko is heir to the throne but he could care less if I live or die. You being my bodyguard Is probably the only protection I have".

Tears filled her amber-colored eyes as she spoke. Without thinking I took her into my arms and held her close as she silently cried into my chest. "It's ok, I'm here now".

Word Count: 1130