Chapter 4

The Targaryen family had sailed for Marca Deriva by entering the waters of the Black Sea. Princess Rhaenys Targaryen was celebrating another day of her name so her beloved husband, Corlys, decided to create a great celebration in her honor.

Viserys considered it appropriate to accept the invitation due to the great union of the two houses, he thought it was good that his beloved grandchildren not only knew King's Landing but also his father's home, Marca Deriva, he also soon thought of taking his grandchildren to Rocadragon the strength of his family so that they knew more about their roots, of course, he would also take his younger children.

The waves furiously struck the rocks and wood of the ship while in the sky the dragons fled accompanying their riders, creating a majestic image for anyone who was lucky enough to witness it.

Aemond took a last look at the dragons and quickly looked at Rhenys who watching the waves concentrated, she was alone.

Prince Targaryen decided to walk towards the brown-haired girl. Two moons ago they did not speak as they did in Dragon pit and in the Arciano tree since his mother had been in charge of keeping his word and filling every day with activities that would turn Aemond into a better prince: training, politics, high valyrio classes, history, training again and so on every day, and when he had already finished all the activities that set up his routine he had already set the moon, not allowing him to approach to talk to Rhenys.

And when he did see her it was in the corridors and he always gave her a slight smile that was reciprocated by the little princess, other days he saw her in the training yard when she was on her way to her classes with her Septa and in the few dinners that the family shared - these moons the tensions between the Queen and the Princess had increased so that they could not sit at the table together so Rhaenyra and her children had dinner at a different time than the King, Alicent and her children.

Aemond had not managed to fulfill the promise he made to Rhenys under the arch, to see her in Dragon pit the next day, the prince knew that his mother would punish him but he did not think that he would be so serious as to fill his day with so many activities that he barely had time to sleep.

Aemond was so sorry to Rhenys that, in the little free time he had during class, he sent her a letter of apology written in high valyrio asking her not to get angry with him, that his heart longed to see her but that it was not possible due to his mother's punishment, he promised her that he would come and see her and that when he his punishment is over, he would spend all his time with her.

The next day, he received a letter from Rhenys telling him that she understood him, and that she would count the hours so that his punishment would end soon so that he could visit Rhaegor together and, the princess wrote, that Rhaegor also missed Aemond's company.

"Hello," Aemond greeted when he was next to Rhenys.

"Aemond," she smiled and wrapped her arms around Aemond, giving him a warm hug. "I've missed you so much," she spoke as if they had been far away for a long distance and a long time although they were under the same roof all this time.

Aemond's cheeks turned reddish and his ears also turned red before Rhenys' embrace, he took him by surprise. - I've have too, I miss you.

- Is your punishment over?

- I guess, with my father's decision to come, my mother won't be able to watch me since she has to talk to so many nobles and all that, you know, queen stuff.

Rhenys let out a soft laugh. - Well, at least now we can spend time together.

"Yes," agreed the youngest of Viserys' children. Aemond visualized the castle of Marea Alta in the distance. - Are you excited to be in Marca Deriva? See your grandparents?