Chapter 18

Ser Harwin was leaving.

Lucerys couldn't stop crying. He had his sister's skirts in both hands as she tried her best to comfort him. Jacerys wiped his eyes with the back of his hand as he watched Ser Harwin disappear around the hallways. And she was crying as well.

"Take care of them, little princess" was the last thing he said to her.

- We can still send letters every day. Won't that be fun?" Rhaenerya tried to comfort her children.

- We be alright Luke.

Rhenys knew her words were empty but she would do anything to stop him from crying. And pulled him into a hug and he clung to her hip.

She pulled Jace in for a hug as well. Both boys clung to their sister. Rhaenerya wrapped her arms around her children.

Laenor entered the room soon after. He softly grabbed Jace and Luke's hands and whispered something in Rhaenerya's ear.

She gave Rhenys a look and leaned down to whisper in her ear. - I need to discuss something with you Rhenys.

Rhenys knew why Ser Harwin had to make such a sudden exit. But she wouldn't dare speak out loud

Rhaenerya eagerly took Rhenys hands and kneeled in front of her.

- Rhenys, we need to leave for Dragon Stone.."

- What? I can't leave, what about Aemond and Grandfather?" Rhenys didn't understand why we were leaving.

- It is my duty as a mother to protect my children by whatever means necessary.

Rhenys nodded now understanding what her mother meant because of the rumors.
She tried to turn her face away but just wrapped her arms around her mother's middle and squeezed as gently as possible.

The two stood embracing each other. Rhaenyra kissed Rheny's head over and over, whispering apologies.

- You remind me of my mother. Always putting others first.

- Where is your mind now, I wonder

- Where is your mind now, I wonder." A voice said. Turning her head, she saw Aemond approach and sit next to her.

"Where yours is as well, uncle." She jested with a laugh. , Aemond stepped forward to look at the page she was reading.

- Dragon stone? Tell me why are you reading about that my Dragon Heart?" Rheny's smile faded.

- Do you promise not to get mad?

- Why would I get mad?

Rhenys placed her hand on Aemond's cheek, Aemond wanted to stay like this forever.

- My mother has decided that... that we should move to Dragon Stone.

- What?

Aemond heart stopped, Dragon Stone, he repeated in his head. Rhenys was going to live many miles from him, it had to be some joke, right?