Chapter 20 

Rhenys grandfather examined the cut on her forehead again, frowning when Rhenys could barely stay awake.

"You'll be fine, my dear." Corlys smiled and kissed the girls' heads. Baela and Rhaena were right next to their cousins.

While a maester attended to Aemond on the other side of the room, Rhenys couldn't look at him without feeling betrayed.

"He will heal your grace, but the eye is lost." Alicent felt her stomach fall into despair.

Viserys hit his cane on the ground and yelled at his group of guards.

When the doors opened Daemon along with Rhaenerya came barging in. Rhanerya took one look at her daughter and her sons immediately went to their aid.

"My sweet girl, what happened? Tell me." Rhaenyra's heart hurt looking at her daughter, who is still semi-unconscious.

"Your children have permanently injured my son." Alicent hissed. Rhaenerya turned with her hands clenched to her sides.

Dameon knelt next to Rhenys brothers and extended his hand. To check for any severe injuries.

Jacaerys was quick to tell his mother what happened and told her who injured Rhenys.

"Your son hit my daughter with a rock! Look at her she's barely conscious!" Rhaenerya came back.

Alicent looked at Rhenys semi-conscious face. She knew her son never meant to hit Rhenys judging by the look on his face. But her being injured doesn't help his case.

Aemond abruptly turned to his half-sister. "I didn't mean to hit her! It was an accident. I would never hit her purposely."

Rhaenerya saw Aemond turn towards her daughter and for a second it seemed that he wanted to apologize.

Viserys hit his cane on the ground again and yelled "What was the meaning of this quarrel!"

"They attacked me!" Aemond screams.

Everyone except Rhenys, started to argue with each other.

"He attacked Baela!"

"They all, ambush me!"

"He stole Vhagar!"

"Jace had a dagger!"

"He hit Rhenys with a rock!"

"He broke Luke's nose!"

The yelling only got worse and worse, since all adults didn't know what to say.

Until Viserys intercepted, "Enough," Viserys said, "Cease it!"

He approached Aemond, "Aemond, I will have the truth of what happened. Now."

Alicent looked at him abruptly, "What else is there to listen to? Your son has been assaulted,"

"And her son is responsible."

"It was an unfortunate accident," Rhaenyra tried to reduce the escalation.

"Accident? Prince Lucerys brought a blade to the ambush," said Alicent, "He meant to kill my son!"

Rhenys who suddenly became conscious and set up, shook her head, "No, no, everyone was fighting, it wasn't intentional!" Everyone looked towards her but ignored what she said.

"It was my children who were attacked! And forced to defend themselves," Rhaenyra argues, "Vile insults were said against them."

Viserys looked at her, "what insults?"

"The legitimacy of my children's birth was put into question," she responds.

"What?"

"He called us bastards..."