Chapter 6

The murmurs and laughter of Aemond and Rhenys flooded the dining room, the two of them didn't seem to remember that there were several people around them, to them it was only the buff of them in the room.

Viserys saw with adoration of interaction between the two little ones. He saw the happiness between Rhenys and Aemond, he saw the way they talk to each other each other.

The king seem to think his eyes were folding him and did not believe that one day he would see two members of his family, one belonging to the children of Alicent and another of Rhaenyra, enjoying each other's company unless it was by his order.

But there were people who were not happy about this new friendship. Starting with little Luke who saw with anger the fact that his sister has decided to sit next to Aemond and not him. But the people who were most angry was Queen Alicent and Princess Rhaenyra, they were not very happy that the both of them interacted.

"Aemond, Rhenys, I didn't know that you two got along so well," the king said, making the table remain silent.

Aemond and Rhenys smiled at each other.

"We do it, we get along very well, father," Aemond replied.

- What a joy!, it's good that they come together and love each other, that's what the family does.

Aemond and Rhenys gave him a small smile to continue talking.

"My king," Corlys began, "Tomorrow the tournaments will begin in honor of my dear wife, we would like the whole royal family to be present.

- Of course, Corlys, nothing will be more gratifying for both families to enjoy this celebration.

"We are not complete," Rhaenys whispered, but loud enough to be heard by all the people present. Rhaenys raised his head and continued: "My daughter and m granddaughters are missing.

Silence flooded the dining room.

-Rhaenys, please.

- Maybe if my cousin hadn't punished Daemon and Laena's marriage, they would be here.

Viserys sighed, there always had to be something that broke the family atmosphere in the Targaryen family.

"Daemon knew he shouldn't get married, I didn't allow him, he committed an act of rebellion by taking Laena as his wife and Laena let herself be involved in my brother's traps, but I have punished Daemon, not Laena, in respect for the union with the Velaryon.

- That doesn't bring me back my daughter and my granddaughters.

Rhaenys got up from the table and left the dining room. Corlys apologized to the king to follow his wife.

"I'm sure my grandmother would never do anything like that for me or my brothers," Rhenys whispered sadly to Aemond.

- You are the best princess who has ever been born, you are also the heir to the throne, the daughters of Prince Daemon and Lady Laena are irrelevant and insignificant next to you.

Rhenys smiled at him. Aemond took Rhenys' hand and gave him a slight squeeze. Both smiled, this gesture had become very common between the two, holding hands and showing their support for the other.

 Both smiled, this gesture had become very common between the two, holding hands and showing their support for the other