Chapter 8 

Two years had passed and everything remained the same for Aemond and Rhenys, the affection they had had only strengthened.

The princess and the prince were under the beautifully blooming arch, Aemond had his head lying on Rhenys' lap while she released a beautiful melody from her lips that told the story that historians wrote years ago about Visenya Targaryen and her majestic dragon, Vhagar.

The prince listened to the great story but his thoughts and all his senses were placed in his beautiful dragon heart, the way her lips separated and the melody they created, the way her eyebrows furrowed by concentration, how her beautiful lilac eyes were focused on the letters, how her hair swayed by the little wind there was, the way her chest went up and down with every breath she took.

Any gesture of Rhenys was worthy of appreciation before Aemond's eyes, it didn't matter how minimal and without relevance, Rhenys made everything look majestic.

She made Aemond's heart beat intensely, made his breathing cut off, so he couldn't think clearly. Rhenys had managed to get deep into Aemond's heart so much that he kept him awake at night, awake, while he could only think of his beautiful princess, and when he managed to sleep he dreamed of her.

Aemond could only wonder if Rhenys felt the same as him.

His brother, Aegon, liked to joke that Aemond was the same as a dog meekly following his owner, he told Aemond that he looked like a fool by always being next to Rhenys, looking as if she were the only woman in the world.

In Aemond's eyes, she was the only woman who mattered, Aegon told him that he would show him more possibilities, that as princes there was a great variety and he would show them to him but Aemond told him that he was not interested, this only increased Aegon's mockery.

Jace had stayed at bay with the friendship of his sister and his uncle, but Luke did not like this at all, Aemond had managed to get his sister to spend little time with him, it was no longer Rhenys who sat down to read stories because now she read them to Aemond.

They no longer spent afternoons eating cookies together because Rhenys decided to replace them with the lemon cake she shared with Aemond, Luke reproached his sister for her distancing and she promised him that it was not Aemond's fault it was just that now she had more responsibilities as Princess but Lucerys didn't believe her, in his eyes the only culprit was Aemond.

At first, everyone was surprised by this friendship, The people who surrounded the Targaryen house were not stupid, everyone knew about the great tensions between Queen Alicent and Princess Rhaenyra and when everyone saw Aemond and Rhenys holding hands and chatting so amicably while smiling, no one believed it, a son of Alicent and a daughter of Rhaenyra, that did not hate each other.

"My mother said that she would celebrate my name day that my grandfather would start with the organization of the dances and tournaments, my father wants it to be a memorable day of my name for me.

- It will be, Rhenys, you don't celebrate your tenth name day every day.

Rhenys sighs. "They are always the same, the celebrations are the same every year, Aemond.

- I will think about what to give you and I promise you that it will be the best gift you will receive that day.

- As long as you're by my side enough, that will be the best gift for me, Aemond.

"I must say that I admire your humility, dear niece," he laughed. "Anyone would have asked for jewelry or whatever, I don't think my company is as valuable as sapphires are.

- First of all, I have too much jewelry to need more. Second, you mention sapphires because you know they are my favorites. And third but possibly the most important point, your company is more valuable than all the gold that the Lannisters own.