Chapter 19

Just after they left a week later, they were called back for the funeral of Laena Velaryon, Rheny's aunt.

The waves crashed against the rocks where everyone stood. Rhenys looked at Corlys and Rhaenys, her grandparents from her father, and could see the pain on their faces. Rhaenys held her granddaughters through Laena in her arms. Something she would never do for her and her brothers.

We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King where He will guard her for all the days to come." Vaemond Velaryon's uncle said.

Rhenys doesn't member Vaemond Velaryon well but from what she can remember, he doesn't like her, and her siblings very much. He gives us rude looks and I know why.

As she sets to sea for her final voyage, Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore. Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will remain bound together in blood." Vaemond said.

Rhaenyra held her children close to her.

Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin." Vaemond attacked.

Rhaenyra clutched her children tighter, wishing to disappear for a little bit.

Then a chuckle came out of nowhere. It was Daemon who chuckled to call attention to him.

After that, the ceremony became a blur until they were sitting at the small feast in honor of Lady Laena of House Velaryon.

"We have nothing in common." Ageon stared at his sister with displeasure. He was betrothed to Helaena to keep Jacaerys from marrying her.

"She's, our sister."

"I would perform my duty if mother had only betrothed us."

"If only." Aegon began to sip on his wine glass.

"It would strengthen the family. Keep our Valyrian blood pure."

"She's an idiot."

"She's your future queen," Aemond spoke with an irritated voice.

"This is ridiculous. I'm gonna go find Rhenys." Aemond was getting fed up with his brother's nonsense and couldn't stand it anymore.

"Whatever you say, dear brother, but you're becoming her little dog, you know."

Aemond ignored whatever his brother was saying he didn't care. If he followed Rhenys around like a dog then, so be it as long he was around her. It's been weeks since he's seen her.

So he started to look for her. He noticed her near the edge, where looked off to the sea.

Aemond rushed over to Rhenys, grabbed her hand, and startled her.

"Aemond?! You scared me"

"Sorry, Dragon Heart, I was excited to see you again!"

"It's fine Aemond, but I don't blame you. I would've done the same." Rhenys smiled.