Day In The Forest

Y/N Pov

I slowly crept through a bush, keeping my eye on a rabbit that was in the brush as well. Once I got close enough, I pounced on it with my knife as I stabbed it in the back leg, dragging it towards me.

"Sorry buddy." I said as I took my knife out and slit its throat, killing it instantly. 

"Don't apologize for getting food, Y/N." Marcel said from behind me as the others appeared as well. 

"How much did you guys get?" I asked them as Annie, Bertholdt, Pieck, and Porco looked disappointed. 

"There's a stream down there and I managed to get this!" Reiner said, showing off a small fish he somehow got. 

"I got a small rabbit." Marcel said, showing us all a rabbit smaller than the one I got. 

"This should feed us for lunch at least." Pieck said as we all nodded, heading back to our camp. Zeke was at the camp fixing many things while we got back from out hunt. It took multiple hours, we've been hunting since morning till now, about early afternoon. Zeke also kept our fire up so we cut up the rabbits and fish as best as we could and cooked the meat. We had already finished our rations last night, so we needed the food. 

"So, how is training going?" I asked while the meat was cooking, trying to make small talk. 

"It's all going fine." Annie answered quickly. The current holder of the female titan, Reba Abigale was less skilled in combat than Annie. So there was almost no point in Annie training with her.

"It's going great. Mr. John is actually really nice." Pieck said, smiling a bit before throwing more firewood into the fire. 

"I've been destroying Reiner in training with Mr. Nelson. Even Mr. Nelson said that I'm much better than Reiner." Porco boasted, like it's the only reason he lives. To just make fun of Reiner. Nelson Anton, the current holder of the armored titan was a very lenient, and was one of the first warriors to have to train two candidates. According to Magath, this year's group had so many good candidates, they had an extra candidate for some reason.

"Shut up Porco! You haven't been doing that much better than me." Reiner said in retaliation, but the last part quieter than the first. 

"How about you Zeke?" I asked as Zeke turned towards us. He was still fixing the tents, but most likely listening in on our conversation. 

"I wouldn't call it training, but it's going well." Zeke said, throwing a rock into the forest. 

"Same here." Bertholdt said.

"Since my titan is the colossal, I don't need much training until I get my titan, so I can control it, but till then I don't need much training." Bertholdt explained further. We all nodded.

"I think Mr. Archer dislikes me or something, because he's pushing me a ton." Marcel said. Archer Marlowe, the current holder of the jaw titan and the most strict of all the current warriors. He was the opposite of Mr. Nelson, always cracking down on everyone. Marcel thought that he just hated him, but he was like that to everyone. I finally finished cooking the meat as we all started eating, just making small talk while eating. 

"We should probably go hunting again. Considering how long it took for us to get this much for lunch, we should get ready for dinner." Marcel said standing up.