Battle Of Trost (Part 1)

Y/N Pov

Eren had just ran up to Bertholdt as the rest of us waited on the wall. Bertholdt swept across the wall, destroying the cannons easily. Suddenly, Bertholdt disappeared, his titan body gone. He must have got out and ran as fast as he could. We all went up to the top of the wall as Thomas looked down at Eren.

"Eren! Did you beat it?!" He yelled at Eren as we heard a response from the other side. So Eren survived.

"No! It's just like five years ago! He suddenly appeared, then suddenly disappeared!" Eren yelled as he zipped up to us. 

"I'm sorry. I let him get away." Eren said as he walked up to us.

"Why are you apologizing? None of us had the balls to fight that thing. We were scared shitless while you ran up and fought it one on one. You did good Eren. Don-" I said but Connie cut me off.

"Hey! We don't have time to talk! The wall's been broken! We have to hurry and seal it before the titans get in again!" Connie yelled as a garrison member zipped up to us.

"Hey! What are you guys doing! The colossal titan response operation is already underway! Return to HQ at once! Anyone who's come into contact with it, remember to give a report!" Thee garrison member ordered us as we saluted.

"Yes sir!"

"We pray for the advance team's success!" Connie yelled as more garrison members ran past. The bell in the city was rung as the civilians all flooded to the gates. We zipped back to HQ as a big net was placed over the hole. Really? The garrison did their best to hold off the titans while we made it back to HQ.

"You cadets have successfully graduated! You are now proper soldiers! I have high hopes for you in this operation!" The garrison soldier coordinating us yelled as we all ran around, trying to get gas, blades, and whatever else we needed. I walked over to the others as I found them all getting equipment and supplies. Bertholdt still had the marks on his face, but he made it back in one piece. Hopefully no one would notice. After we got all our things, we went over to the main hall where we would be given orders.

"As practiced, you will now split into your squads, and perform resupply, message relay, and titan clearing duties under command of the garrison regiment! The garrison regiment's intercept squad will take the vanguard! Cadets will also take the vanguard! The support squad, will take the middle guard! And the garrison regiment's elite squads will take the rearguard! Additionally, I've received word that the advance team has been wiped out!" Those last words by the captain sent many of us into shock.

"The outer gate has been breached, and the titans have been allowed inside! In other words, the armored titan could very well appear again and demolish the inner gate at any time!" The captain yelled as many of the cadets were scared, obviously. So they are expecting Reiner to break the gate. If he doesn't do it... I guess I'll have to. 

"Quiet!" The captain yelled over the chattering cadets as he gave us more orders.

"The vanguard is currently engaged with the enemy! This defense operation has but one objective: to defend Wall Rose until the citizens have finished evacuating! Also, as I'm sure you're well aware, desertion is punishable by death! Be prepared to lay down your lives! Dismissed!"

"Sir!" We all yelled as we saluted, running off to our squads and posts.

"Why today? I would've been on my way to the interior tomorrow..." Jean sulked as another cadet started to barf.

"It doesn't matter Jean. Just go sit your horse ass down somewhere, survive, then you'll be in the interior tomorrow." I said as Jean just sighed before walking away, gritting his teeth. A lot of the cadets were in fear, crying, barfing, and many other things. I... I helped plan this. I helped do this... 

"Hey, Jean! What's wrong?!" I heard Eren yell as I looked over to him. He seemed to have bumped into Jean. 

" 'What's wrong?!' That's easy for you to say, you suicidal maniac! You want to join the scouts! You're ready to be titan chow anytime. But I was headed for the interior tomorrow!"

 "Calm down-!"

"You expect me to calm down and accept death?!"

"No! Think back! Think back to the three years of sweat and blood we endured! So many times we came close to dying during those three years! Some people did die. Some ran off. Others were kicked out. But we survived! Right?! I'm sure we can survive today, too! You can just survive today and leave for the interior tomorrow!" Eren's words seemed to have an affect on Jean, and many other cadets as they raised their heads. A slight glimmer of hope. I walked towards my squad after that which consisted of Reiner, Bertholdt, Hannah, Floch, and Sandra. It was, not the best group but we could get through. Either me or Reiner would have to find a good excuse to leave, or hope the others all die. Which probably wouldn't happen. Our group rushed out into the vanguard as we faced the gigantic pieces of shit head on. Our group wasn't the most confident, but I managed to lead them.

"Come on! We have to push forward!" I yelled as we all dashed across the rooftops. A titan jumped out of nowhere as I was going to grab Reiner, I slashed it's nape as I dashed across another roof, but heard the yell of one of the others already.

"Help!" Sandra screamed at the top of her lungs as he legs were bitten clean off before the rest of her body. We all stared in shock as the tain looked over at us and started sprinting towards us.

"I'll kill you!" Reiner suddenly screamed as he dashed towards the titan, slashing wildly around. 

"No, Reiner! Shit!" I yelled as I dashed behind Reiner, Bertholdt following behind me. Reiner dodged over as strike as he slashed the titans arms. I dashed behind it, slashing it's ankles as Bertholdt slashed the nape. We landed on a rooftop as a titan suddenly appeared behind the others. Floch saw it first and dodged away, but Hannah was to slow. The titan grabbed her and quickly tried to take a bite out of her as I dashed forward. It bit down on her left arm as she screamed in pain, I jumped up and slashed its hand open, dashing around its arm and to the nape as I slashed as hard as I could, but I didn't kill it. It quickly turned around and slapped me away into a building as I crashed through the wall. Why did I even try to save Hannah? Why do I feel bad for these devils? I can't fail my mission. But... these people aren't devils. They're... just normal people. I slowly stood up as the cuts around my body healed. My arm also started to heal as it moved back into place. I walked out of the house as I heard a blood curdling scream. Someone I recognized... Armin! I quickly jumped up as I found the others trying to comfort the dying Hannah, who was bleeding out.

"It'll be okay. Just breathe." Bertholdt said as Hannah cried.

"I'm sorry, Hannah. I tried and I..." I was speaking as I looked down. Hannah's crying died down until, her eyes became lifeless. I slowly stood up as I looked around.

"Y/N, where are you going?" Floch asked as I looked back at him. 

"To find the other squads and make sure they're all okay. I can't afford to lose more people." I said as I zipped away. Shit! Why am I doing this! I'm supposed to get the founding titan, why do I care about these people! It doesn't matter. Fuck this.